Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scared newbie facing 10 level fusion

McclushMMcclush Posts: 1
edited 02/18/2015 - 12:56 AM in New Member Introductions

My name is Sherry. I have DDD and degenerative scoliosis. Three years ago I was 5'4", today I am 5'0", my spine is collapsing very quickly so I'm facing a T9 - S1 fusion on May 1, 2015.

I came to this site for information and support through what is going to be a very difficult 18 months of my life.

Any words of wisdom or support would be appreciated!

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    edited 02/18/2015 - 12:58 AM
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Life sometimes has its twists and turns. A 10 level fusion is a lot, however you already must have gone through a lot. I have had both lower back surgery and neck surgery. In my neck, I had a 2 level fusion. There is some impact to my range of motion, but not enough to have a major impact on me. Well, my ability to swim in crowded lanes is somewhat impacted since looking forward is not a pleasant motion for me.

Once you get through the ordeal of surgery, hopefully you will be better than you are today. I am sure you will find new limitations on your range of motion. If you keep a positive attitude, you will learn to live and enjoy life even with your new limitations. There are many that do figure out how to enjoy life after a procedure like yours, think of some of our returning war veterans. I think the feeling of fear is normal for someone going through what you will go through. Just hang in there, life can still be good to you. Maybe just not the way that you thought it would be.