Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

another surgery ?

Hi gang. Not happy stenosis back or never left. Had microdiscectomy 4 months ago plus 2 injections . Got a second opinion as to current status. He thinks I need a laminoforaminotomy . See original surgeon tomorrow . Wondering if he will suggest the surgery . I believe he thought he was done with me. A big problem with some surgeons . They do not always follow through . Making me uncomfortable . So I'll know tomorrow . Anyone have to deal with these circumstances when people don't follow through .
James rinaldi

• I had my 2nd surgery 18 hours ago, I had a bilateral laminectomy on 11/21/14 due to a hern disc at l3/l4 (well the MRI showed hern disc but when surgeon got in there the disc had completely fragmented in my back and disc was gone) plus I have DDD with spinal stenosis and all disc from l1 thru s1 showed bulging. After the surgery my pain in the megs was also gone but had lower back pain still so the surgeon explained I would prob need a fusion due to the disc being gone, we tried PT - no help and after getting a reflex/ extension X-ray done it showed retrolisthesis ranging from 4mm-6mm at 3 levels so this confirmed the fusion would need to be done, I was also told that with a fusion there is a 30% failure rate but I was so tired of being home bound and unable to sit or walk that I decided to have the fusion because i WILL be the 70% that it is successful on, hopefully but I thought I'm tired if living the way I was so I made the decision to try to change my life. You have to ask yourself is the quality of your life the way it is now bad enough to try to make it better ...........mine was so I had surgery. Not feeling much pain but I know days 2-4 post op is when the pain and stiffness sets in so ask me in. 3 days if I'm glad I did have it and I may change my answer but for now I'm saying I'm glad I did it and hopefully it will change my life

Spinal stenosis with neurogenic clauducation
    3 level retrolisthesis
    Bilateral Laminectomy/Discectomy surgery l3/l4 on 11-21-14 (failed)
    L3/l4 spinal Fusion 03-20-15
This discussion has been closed.