Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Looking for a surgery buddy! October 2015 L4L5 Microdiscectomy

Hey guys! I had a microdiscectomy this past October (2015), I am looking for someone who had the same/similar surgery to share experiences with and discuss any "bumps in the road"!
rcanty42
advertisement

Comments

• I had a Discectomy at L5-S1 on October 30th 2014. I am going to get a standing MRI tomorrow to figure out why I am in worse pain than before surgery. I am 16 weeks post op today. I am grateful that I did this surgery. I was given about a month of pain relief post surgery. The recovery has been a lot harder than I thought it would be! I pray that your recovery is going well!!!!
    L5-S1 Emergency PLIF Revision May 26th 2015
    L5-S1 PLIF May 22nd 2015.
    L5-S1 Discectomy Feb 27th 2015.
    L5-S1 Discectomy Oct 30th 2014.
    Ashley
  • chadalackcchadalack Posts: 2
    edited 03/04/2015 - 5:46 PM
    Hi. I just had this surgery in November on l4-5. 4 months out now and my nerves are still tingling. This last week Ive had burning in the butt and back of legs. I keep thinking something is wrong, but Dr. Says its normal.
  • Are you in the US? If so where? I'm only asking because I want to know if standup MRIs are available throughout the country. I had a L4-5 Microdiscectomy in Sept 2014. And I have been in worse pain since. I had a repeat MRI(laying down) which showed scarring at the surgical site amd bulging above and below but my surgeon didn't feel that going back in would be approaite since my surgery wasn't as successful as we expected. Any help would be great. Thanks
    Dea-Lynn
  • I live in the US. I had to drive an hour and a half away from were I live to get the Standing MRI. The Standing MRI is in my Neurosurgeon's office. If you would like to know more feel free to PM me!!
    L5-S1 Emergency PLIF Revision May 26th 2015
    L5-S1 PLIF May 22nd 2015.
    L5-S1 Discectomy Feb 27th 2015.
    L5-S1 Discectomy Oct 30th 2014.
    Ashley
advertisement