Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

For the last month I've noticed vertigo which is unusual for me. It is most often when I roll over in bed or bend down and bring my head back up. It's more when I go from a position rather than anytime. And it's not a dizziness like a visual disturbance. I then noticed my neck muscles getting really tight. They seem to go hand in hand.

I have had my ears lanced due to middle ear infection I didn't know I had until it was too late and the wax turned too hard to drain so they had to do quick cuts near my drums to help reduce it. This was about 25 yrs. ago. No problems since except ear infection comes on easy but never with neck stiffness like this.

I also have cervical stenosis and reversed lordosis along with some herniated disks but it's never created me with long enough symptoms to check into surgery. I did break my r/ clavical in 1975 but no real issues from that in age.

What I'm wondering is why I get this feeling of moving when I move my head, a vertigo and with the real stiff neck muscles. The pain is mostly on my r/ side of neck and shoulder.? I've been more fatiqued than usual too and don't want to do to a doctor since a good friend of mine has MS and I fear that being the problem ,so am posting it on this forum for some possible causes that may not involve seeing a doctor. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

Thanks to all of you, in advance