Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

why cant i move my backside and hips?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Chronic Pain
I cant move my lower body, i feel like i have a solid weight in my backside and no matter how i try i cant move it, I cant roll over in bed, i cant get up from a chair or down into a chair. I cant even lift myself up to sit on a bedpan. Im crying all the time now, i cant lay here for the rest of my life. I have virtually no movement forward or back or to the sides. This is my third year after a disk rupture and a year since a diskectomy but im worse now than i ever was.Does anyone else have this pain and are unable to move the backside?Please tell me if you do. I have a sever degeneration of the lower spine and also more disk material in the sacrum,this apparently has again trapped the central nerve. I can understand the leg pain and numbness but the other is so very painfull all the time. I take voltorol, tramodol,diazapam,amitryptyline,and pethadin. I just want to kknow if it will go away too.

• Are you saying that you are paralyzed from the waist down?

Have you been working with some kind of spine doctor?

Hang in there,

• What you are describing sounds like your facet joints. They are the hinges of our spine and responsible for movement. Do you ever have a hard time straightening up? Do you walk bent over? I also had a discectomy and lots of times that puts more pressure on the facet joints. It sounds like you take an awful lot of meds to still be in so much pain. Have you ever tried any of the longer acting opiates?
  • Wow that sounds a lot like i am after doing any heavy lifting or bending over for any amout of time. Hang in there.
  • :) hi! if you are in such severe circumstances you need a change in meds or a visit to a really good spine doctor. it sounds like you are unable to move. you mentioned a bed pain and i know very few of us who are in that situation! please make some good choices and get something done for yourself. good luck and please keep us posted. i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • no im not paralysed, if i am pulled up off the bed screamin like a banshee i can stand but i feel like my bones have dried up thats the only way i can describe it. I have to take tiny tiny movements from the standing position to walk, and so it carries on. Then eventually i have to lay down again and i cant move again. I am waiting for the pain clinic to contact me also, but i just wondered if this was typical of a back problem, my right leg and hip feels bruised all the time but i have no bruises. Also my leg twitches and kicks out every so often and pulsates when resting. I am well and truly in the wars here. Thankyou again for all your comments its very kind of you to take time out for me. thankyou
This discussion has been closed.