Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

sleeping position.

fedup666ffedup666 Posts: 7
Hi,I'm hoping someone can recommend a good sleeping position I can try.I'm currently in pain with my left leg and not sleeping very well.I'm due an mri Tuesday next week and I take cocdamol during the day and now 3 amitriptyline at night.The problem is I can't sit or lay down without pain.Iv tried putting a pillow between my legs and a pillow underneath but its not helping.I'm waking up at 3 in the morning though today it was just gone midnight.Iv just tried laying on the sofa to have a nap but couldn't do it,tried going on all fours but again not helpful.I'm exhausted from pacing around the kitchen to get some relief from the Pain.Any help would be greatly appreciated.x

• Hi fedup666. Hell isnt it?
    I managed to get some rest with 4 pillows and a medium-hard matress. Two pillows under the head, one under the waist and one between leggs. The least bending on the spine the better. Hope that helps.
  • Thank you,will give it a try Tonight.Fingers crossed il get more than 3 hours sleep.
  • So sorry to hear you are going through that, sleeping can be
    one of the most important things for us but is often the most
    difficult. I have spent so much money on beds, pillows and
    cushions finally ended up in a recliner. But they are expensive
    and not sure that would be your solution but I do know
    a lot end up there. The thing about recliners make sure if you do go
    that direction that your feet are not over hanging and that you
    sit in it for awhile, I found out the one I have has the wrong
    cushioned back and the fabric is not as forgiving as I thought it would be.
    I wish you luck and hope you find something to help you sleep.
  • Thank you for suggesting the pillow under the waist chrysanthi.I didn't really sleep for much longer but when I woke at 10am I wasn't in excruciating pain for the first time in forever.plus I managed two short naps between 2am and 6pm.Thank you again.x