Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm back after baby with MRI report

Hi again,
Since posting last I had trigger point injections (which where heavenly) and a low back epidural and oral steroids all during pregnancy! It can be done ladies!

My son was almost 9 pounds and delivered naturally med free but if I have any more I'm going for the epidural ;)

Anyway I got my follow up MRI for headaches, neck ache and intermittent searing shoulder pain and arm hand discomfort. I know no one here can interpret results but I am looking for feedback and personal experiences.

I'll give a few summary details skipping the boring parts:
Straightening of the cervical loridosis (this was seen on my x-ray as well)
C3-4 mild buldge
C4-5 mild disc buldge with partial effacement of the ventral thecal sac.
C5-6 broad based doisc osteophyte complex with effacement of the ventral thecal sac and flattening of the cord. Mild narrowing of spinal canal. In convert able joint hypertrophy results in moderate right and mild left neural foraminal narrowing. Possible impingement of the right c6 nerve root
C6-7 mild buldge or disc osteophyte complex without narrowing.

Obviously c5-6 is the hot spot. It is bone not disc. I'm almost 36. I have on again off again severe pain. I have daily mild pain and monthly or so for a few days severe pain and limited range of motion and spasm. headaches can really steal my life.

So you know what I'm going to ask. Anyone with bone spurs and stenosis at this level a surgical candidate? Any thoughts or things I should know for follow up?

I'm hoping I can have surgery vs waiting another 10 years and doing it.

• With this MRI would you skip the chiropractic care?
  • I would skip the chiropractor, absolutely.
    Why do you want surgery now? WIth a newborn baby, I'd be hoping beyond hope to not have surgery for a few years. You wouldn't be able to carry the baby for weeks to months, which would be difficult at best to do.
    I had C3-6 done, I did see on my MRI that C6-7 is bulging with mild flattening of the canal - and they didn't fix it. Probably because I already had 3 levels done and 4 levels doesn't have as good of a prognosis.

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• Just read your post and I have similar symptoms to yours. I've been on here looking for people with similar issues and haven't had any luck. I have a herniated disc at C4/5 and disc bulges at C5/6, 6/7. The biggest bulge is the C4/5 spot. I get severe headaches about 2 times a week (used to be 4-5 times a week before physical therapy) and I also get searing burning pain in my shoulder blade and I experience a sensation of a rubber band snapping on my shoulder blade. My MRI showed to nerve root compression but I get symptoms of it. My arm doesn't hurt, I get intermittent shoulder pain and my arm feels like it's trying to fall asleep. I've had this issue for 18 months now. I'm also trying to find a doctor to help me fix this issue.
    I just got facet injections at C4/5 to see if it will calm my symptoms.
    I would definitely skip chiropractic and maybe start a physical therapy regimen. I found that has been what has helped me the most. I still have symptoms but I had less bad days. The physical therapy has calmed a lot of my symptoms. I would try that before going the surgery route. It may give you relief.
  • I didn't even think of not holding my baby if I had surgery. I want surgery because I have pain that occasionally gets so bad I despair.