Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help! My Life is Being Ruined By Sleep

All my life I've slept a lot,
it used to be no big deal because I can't really cope with life and suffer from crippling anxiety and possibly depression so sleep was always a good escape and the best part of my day, but now it's become the worst. For the past three years my sleeping schedule has progressed severely, and in the past few months it's gotten entirely out of hand. I have missed so much school this month alone that I'm being threatened with not being able to graduate, I miss important meetings, birthdays, parties, movies, my favorite shows I'm not eating (not losing any weight either, different issue though, seriously i only eat healthy foods and do my best to exercise when awake, why can't I even drop a single pound?) or doing any homework, seriously if my absences from school don't take me off the graduation list it will be because I have an F in every class.
I wake up at 6:30 am to get to school at 7 and I BARELY make it until 2:25, I bring silly putty with me to play with so it's harder for me to fall asleep, I can't even process what we're learning in class it's in one ear and out the other, I cry every day, not loud balling but like painful my heart really hurts and I keep crying so I always look puffy and in pain and the second I get home, I have no energy and fall right into my bed and when I wake up it's the next day. This happens every day sometimes I'll get home, fall asleep, and wake up two days later. I have no weekends, no free time, no social life (not that I had one anyways) but I just can't stay awake, it's killing me.
I've taken up drinking energy teas in the morning and day, coffee when I get home and at least two energy drinks at night, it barely works, it keeps me awake but barely functioning I can barely move! It's ruining my life and making things really difficult for me. I lose control of my limbs a lot as well, I am so tired that it really hurts to move and especially write, my hand is so tired it's like it's frozen in place. Most of all, it's my legs. The past month or so my legs have turned into fiery jelly. Every step I take hurts, I always have to sit down to try and rest and ease the pain, icing it or heating pads or massages but sitting down always ends up with me asleep. I used to be a dancer (I quit because I would fall asleep during class or get really sick and throw up) so I know how to take care of my body so I don't injure myself when working out, so I can't figure out why my whole body is breaking down and I can't function anymore.
I have a lot of other problems besides this, I can't really leave the house because I'm always sick but I can't take care of my other problems if I'm not awake to deal with them, I don't know what to do >____<
I'll list some symptoms that I think may have something to do with my fatigue...

PS. Online said I might not be getting enough water, I drink tons of water every day though :/

Constant fatigue,
Binge eating
getting sick from all foods I eat
Feeling sick in general
Near-Constant crying
Lots of anger issues
(feeling the need to break smash and throw things 24/7)
Extreme, crippling anxiety about everything .
I've started having an insane amount of truly disturbing nightmares,
no motivation
chest pains
limb pain
no concentration
no motivation
forgetting everything
I fall asleep without choice,
I don't have a say I'll fall asleep anywhere and everywhere.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    edited 02/26/2015 - 9:07 PM
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

*There is nobody on the forum qualified or permitted to give medical advice, all responses are based on members personal experiences only
    Have you seen a doctor that would be the first step?
    This is a spine site do you have spine issues?

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Do a google search on this condition. Perhaps this is what you're dealing with.

Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • Hi
    So sorry to hear about your issues, not sleeping can effect every part of our life.
    My Hubby lays down and is out for 10 hrs, I am so jealous. Myself I get maybe
    2 to 3 hours sleep straight in a row due to pain. In fact I dread when it comes time
    to go to bed for me it is punishment.
    I am wondering are you getting help for these problems or not? When it comes
    to panic attacks there are skills you can learn to deal with them. I used to rely on
    Xanax to deal with mine but after taking some classes I deal with them no meds.
    Also there are skills you can learn to deal with your anger that can come from lack
    of sleep, in fact reading most of your problems,
    lack of sleep takes a huge toll.
    You need to see a Doctor and come up with a plan to cope with and things to do
    to handle all of it.
    I wish you the best make sure you move a head and just don't expect it to go away
    without some support (Doctor's) and effort.
  • One thing that popped in my head was hypothyroidism. Another thought was depression and/or other psychological issues. I really would get with a GOOD doctor that will listen to you and truly try to diagnose and treat you.
    Do you have a support network? Really, really important with what you're going through.
    Best wishes -

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,820
    edited 02/27/2015 - 11:51 AM
    It is certainly scary when you have many , often unrelated symptoms going on with no diagnosis. You need to see a good doctor like what was said above and do not take nothing wrong for an answer you know your body and something isnt right. There are some crazy disorders/diseases out there that can cause so many full body issues. Hopefully a doctor will run bloodwork on you and test those things . The losing ability to move and fiery limbs are concerning , that needs to be looked at.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.