Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

so much pain

girlinpainggirlinpain Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Fibromyalgia
I am newly diagnosed as of thurs with fibro. I am in so much pain my neck and shoulders being the worst! I am taking tramadol and soma. what else can I do, any suggestions of what has helpes other? My head hurts so bad it feels like it is going to blow up. Please help. Any types of diets help, or anything?

• I had the most intense pain in my thoracic spine, shoulders and hands for months. I started seeing a chiropractor about twice a week for a few months and he actually corrected my spine and got rid of that pain for me - I was amazed. Have you tried going to a chiropractor?
  • I am sorry I didn't see this sooner! But have you tried some physical therapy? My PT has suggested I use a tennis ball and rub those spots against a wall. It helps some; I can't say it does wonders. But maybe it wouldn't hurt to see a PT to get some good exercises you can do to help with the knotted up pain you have! I too, have been diagnosed with Fibro on June 9, and he sent me to PT. I have the BEST PT in the ENTIRE world, and have learned so much from him! He has given me so many wonderful hints to help with the pain and agony!

Hope you can get more help! :)
  • I'm still learning that fibro is a juggling act. But gettin moving to some degree, start slowly seems to be recommended. I would ask for a PT referral, they are more hands on and should be able to give you some things to do for yourself. I love moist heat. Make sure you are getting deep sleep. I'm not sure but I think one of the meds you are on should help with that. Some people seem to be on diets but all I was told was Calcium, vit D, and magnesium like 750 mg.
  • Does anyone have intermittent " cold sweats" with their fibro- along with dizziness?
  • I don't think I have cold sweats. I sometimes wake up sweating but I think I tend to like to warm when I go to bed. I guess I'm not sure. I don't have dizziness. The only time I was truly dizzy was when they tried neurontin. I have some balance issues but they think that's more the scoliosis and the weakened muscles on the right. Sorry I was not more help.