Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower back, hip, waist, upper leg and groin pain

I have had pain in these areas but something has changed.
My pain is all located on the left side which has been my major
pain area.
This is different it started to get really bad after my Gallbladder surgery
in Nov. but I am not sure that has anything to do with it. I do have a lot
of pain in the stomach still which that Doc. is addressing.
But the other starts at the center of my left buttocks, hip, waist, top of leg and groin.
The thing is I cannot even straighten my left leg out without severe pain
in the butt area. When I apply heat to the area in the butt area it throbs
and ice does not give much relief and sometimes makes it worse. The thing
is it is so tender I cannot get into the tub, bend, sit is really painful walking
is better to a point. To just touch the skin it is so sensitive and I am struggling
to do anything, especially sleeping which was hard before.
I also developed a balance issue on this side. There is a lot more pain, numbness
in my feet and hands too.
I am seeing a couple of Doctor's to see if they can figure it out but not yet.
X-Ray of the hip showed no issues. I have had MRI's and X-rays lower back the Doctor's are
not sure what is going on. I just wanted to see if anyone else is having or had
this tenderness.
Sorry so long my mind is not cooperating.
Thanks for your in-put as always

• Are you having burning pain in the leg? Massage may help, but it may be too painful right now. Have they tried you on Gabapentin? It is for nerve pain. I suffered for months before I finally asked to try ganapentin and it helped a lot in combination with pain meds, and muscle relaxer. Also I've taken magnesium at bed time, it is supposed to be good for this type of issue and I do notice I sleep so much better when I'm on it.
    My suggestion would be....if you can tolerate it, to try a tennis ball. Get up against a wall and roll the tennis ball around and if you find a really painful area try to put pressure on it, only what you can stand and try it for a few days I should help relax that muscle. You may have a trigger point causing this.
    Alsio once you are able try an epsom salt bath, very relaxing, and the magnesium is good for your muscles.
    Another lifesaver for me has been Voltaren Gel, its an Rx and works great for relieving pain. Sorry if im ramblibg, I just know how bad ive suffered and what has helped me get through, I just got a cortisone injection yesterday and it has really helped with my achiness. I sure hope you can find some relief and feel better soon :)
  • Hope3HHope3 Posts: 751
    edited 03/03/2015 - 9:10 AM
    Thanks so so much for your help I am so desperate and you suffered with this
    for months how horrible. I have had lower back, leg, butt etc. but wow this
    is so different like I said.
    I have tried Gabapentin and had reactions to it but at this point I would try it again.
    I wish I could get down in my tub and you are right my friend told me about
    using Epsom salts and I love that. Magnesium I checked my last lab and it said it
    was in target, Voltaren Gel thanks for reminding me I have an apt. with my GP I
    am going to ask for it. I use that Bio freeze helps a little.
    I do have burning it is awful like I said above in my hip, butt, upper leg and down the
    back of the leg to the knee. Did you hurt just to touch, I mean I cannot even take
    putting any pressure on there and even the waist band hurts from my clothes. I
    have to roll the band down below the butt area as far as I can. To sit is extremely painful
    I really believe it is the SI but he is not agreeing. Did you have any tests to prove it
    was that area and what kind of Doctor decided it was?
    I am desperate you know what I mean and want a injection I asked him for one but
    not sure he will. Did ice help yours it seems to be one thing that does?
    I appreciate your help so much I posted on here trying to find someone to talk to
    about this problem.
    Let me know how the shot goes alright I will be hoping for you.
    Thanks again