Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Low back pain

Hello everyone I'm new here and this is my first post.
I guess looking back I've been having symptoms of back issues for years and didn't realize it. Ex, years ago when walking for exercise my toes would go numb. I didn't really think much of it except it was a little weird.
I've been a nail tech for 22 yrs, and its hard on your back. Massages always helped relieve the pain.
6 yrs ago my husband and I were on our 3rd date and were taking a ride on his Harley and were run off the road by a car. I was thrown and bounced a few times (on grass thankfully) and ended up in a ditch. My whole back from shoulders to lower back were torn up. After that my whole middle back was so tightened up I could barely even lean forward or move for a few days. Thankfully one of my clients brought me some muscle relaxers and pain meds.
At the time I was a single mother with no insurance so I couldn't afford to see a dr. After a few weeks I was back to normal, but a few yrs later I started feeling pretty bad and was muscular pain so I went in for a massage.... The massage that has basically brought my life to a screeching halt. I got so sick, the pain worsened until I couldn't take it, I saw my Dr and got some blood work and a shot and pain meds, muscle relaxers, and predisone. My pain started in my buttocks (both sides) . My blood work came back that I have an autoimmune disease( thyroid problem)
Once I started thyroid meds I felt so much better, muscular pain eased up but the radiating pain I'm my lower back and burning in my legs still haven't gone away. I had a sitting mri done and it didn't show any cause for this pain. My insurance would not cover anything with my back due to preexisting time period. I divorced my husband and lost my insurance and I'm stuck in hell. I can no longer work enough to make enough to do anything with. I tried disability was denied. My husband would not stop begging me to come back home and we'd remarry and I could get on insurance again but it hasn't happneed . I hope I didn't lose ya'll in my life story, but I just don't know how this happened to me from a massage! I have gotten so low that I've felt like some of you that I'm just ready to go. NO I am not suicidal but if I'm not going to have any enjoyment of living and be in pain from the time I wake up until I close them at night its really hard to want to continue. I hate taking pain meds and feel that if I could have gotten help I may could have stopped talking them. I'm no junkie but I know the longer you are on them the harder it is to stop taking them. I just want help and my life back. Last year I started gabapentin and went from 145 to 170! I am 20 pounds heavier now than I was pregnant with my son! OK sorry for rambling just need to get it off my chest and maybe make some new friends that will understand.

• I had a massage that caused a lot of pain. I can't have massages or chiropractic treatment...if they jostle my vertebrae the wrong way I guess it aggravates the nerves and then I'm off my feet for days.
    º lumbar spinal fusion
    º spinal cord stimulator
    º multiple decompressions
    º lumbar laminectomy
    º osteoarthritis
    º I am not a doctor nor am I giving medical advice
  • I'm scared to get them now, but occasionally I get trigger point flare ups, and that is the only way I can get relief, but I make sure they are careful and not to use too much pressure around my lower back.
    My thyroid levels seem to be linked to the trigger point pain. I had no idea that was possible until my Dr suggested we check levels and mine was way off!