Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

had l1 l2 fusion for retrolisthesis

so I had back surgery on February 10th they did a XL if procedure, so I had a spinal fusion at L 1 - L2.please pardon me if my grammar looks strange. I do not have a keyboard for my tablet so I am using the touch and talk method. So again I'm a little over 2 weeks out from surgery. My surgeon with a sports and orthopedic surgeon who I was referred to. I was using a 20 milligram Butrans patch and 4 percocets a day. I was in the hospital for 3 days they had a very hard time controlling my pain. They sent me home on oxycotton 20 milligrams 2 times a day and a 15 milligram oxycodone every 4 hours. And I have to say, people I hurt,. They also gave me 5 milligram valium every 4 hours, and 400 milligrams of gabapentin 3 times a day. I have been begging my surgeon to let me take motrin and he just approved it two days ago. The motrin helped considerably, however, When physical therapist, comes over and we do simple stretches and muscle strengthening. I am moaning and groaning uncontrollably in bed afterwards. Please understand does the medication I was on before surgery barely put a dent in my pain. I don't know if I have a high tolerance or what's going on but he feels it appropriate for me to be on what I am. Can anyone let me know if they were on stronger doses after spinal fusion? When I wake up in the morning, I can't hardly move until 30 minutes after taking my medicine. And even then is touch and go. I guess I'll just wait for reply s. I would love to tell you my story and all that is wrong with my back. If I just had a dang keyboard. What I've written has taken about 30 minutes. By the way, I'm a 37 year old female, medically retired from the Air Force after the removal of my large intestines.after they removed my intestines I started getting sick a lot, little things such as sinus infections every month. I used to get nerve blocks for my pain, and they helped. The last two times I had nerve blocks I got viral meningitis. So now the infections disease doctor the leaves that the removal of my intestines crawls in issue with myimmune system. Also, and this is just my opinion, it seems that on really bad days of diarrhea that my pills don't work nearly as long as they should. So there you have it, I'm like the super freak in the medical world I have chronic meningitis, I've had a total colectomy, I have which is rare in itself - but having it in the discs that I have it in is almost unheard of. Literally.

So I have the medication question, also is there anyone else who had surgery around February 10th, 2015. I'd love to know how they were doing, I were that spondylioliothesiss is similar yet opposite to what I've had. Has anyone had it in the l1 area.

Thank you for taking the time to listen, Dixie
advertisement

Comments

• BTW, I also have spondylithesis at l4-l5. DDD there. Broad disc bulges at most of my lumbar and a few mild hernias. I have constant shooting nerve pain in my butt mostly ranging from someone zapping me with a cattle prod to what feels like light strung popping. Bad days it will go in to leg,calf and foot... Nerotin has help that a good bit tho. Its a good med. Oh, and I have moderate ostioathrirus in my lumbar.... Also the retrolisthesis over the years has caused wedge deformitys in my thorasic region.man, I feel tore up from the floor up. Even with all of this stuff going on in my life, I have a6 year old son and I remain as active as possible. I have to take little lying down breaks.then ready to go again. I just figured I should add the rest of things it's wrong with my back. My luck I won't get any replies. Please please prove me wrong,
  • BTW, I also have spondylithesis at l4-l5. DDD there. Broad disc bulges at most of my lumbar and a few mild hernias. I have constant shooting nerve pain in my butt mostly ranging from someone zapping me with a cattle prod to what feels like light strung popping. Bad days it will go in to leg,calf and foot... Nerotin has help that a good bit tho. Its a good med. Oh, and I have moderate ostioathrirus in my lumbar.... Also the retrolisthesis over the years has caused wedge deformitys in my thorasic region.man, I feel tore up from the floor up. Even with all of this stuff going on in my life, I have a6 year old son and I remain as active as possible. I have to take little lying down breaks.then ready to go again. I just figured I should add the rest of things it's wrong with my back. My luck I won't get any replies. Please please prove me wrong,
  • Dang, I pour my heart out to strangers and don't get one dang reply....
  • 2 weeks out from surgery isn't long so I'd expect you to still be in pain. My surgeon had me medicated for the first 6 weeks before he wanted me to wean off the medication. Your medication list seems a lot to me. All I was given was 10mg targin (like oxycontin) & 5mg endone twice a day for the first 2 weeks, then the targin was dropped to 5mg. After week 6 I was told to take paracetamol if required. I've since begun taking lyrica 150mg am & pm for nerve issues.

I found it hard but looking back think I coped ok. Everyone is different & I'm not criticising you, just trying to explain my lack of understanding to your situation.

I don't really have any answers to your questions but thought I'd reply anyhow. I think it's great that you've remained active & do things with your son.

Veronica
    Microdiscectomy L5S1 January 2014
    Microdiscectomy L5S1 March 2014
    Fusion L5S1 11th August 2014
advertisement