Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Full MRI Results | What Do You Make Of Them?

SP1NESSP1NE Posts: 3
edited 02/28/2015 - 9:20 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

Left side of face tingling

Left arm tingling, heightened in middle to pinky fingers

Right arm numbness

Left skin area from spine to flank skin numb wrapping around abs to belly button

Cannot sit without extreme pain similar to the next line down, pain is heighten while sitting and lessened while laying or standing

Left side under rib cage rod left burn sensation under ribs from back to front through the center of the torso

Back & neck soreness, manipulation needed to relieve pain

Report 1:

Exam: Multiplanar, multisequence MR images were made through the cervical spine without contrast

Vertebral body height and alignment are maintained. Bone marrow signal is unremarkable

Some heterogeneity of signal intensity about the cord is likely due to motion artifact. o defeat or sizable abnormal signal is seen

C2-C3: There is disc dehydration with a left lateral disc protrusion. There is o evidence of central canal stenosis and neural forum are patent

C3-C4: There is abutment of the cord by broad-based disc bulge. Neural forum are narrowed without significant impingement of the exiting nerve root

C4-C5: There is central disc herniation with abutment and mild flattening of the cord. There is right-sided neural foramina stenosis

C5-C6: Large right paracentral disc herniation again is identified resulting in flattening and impingement of the cord in the right lateral recess. this appears slightly larger than prior study. There is also bilateral neural framing stenosis more prominent on the right

C6-C7: Effacement of the theca sac without central canal stenosis. There is left greater than the right bilateral neural foramina narrowing

C7-T1: There is no significant effect on the central canal or neural foramina.

Report 2:

Exam: Multiplanar, multi sequence MR images were made through the brain prior to and after intravenous injection of 7.5 cc of Gadavist

Study was supplemented by MRA of the brain without contrast

Motion artifact degrades the details. Cerebral sulci and ventricles are unremarkable in size for the patient’s age. There is no evidence of acute ischemia an the diffusion weighted images. No abnormal extra-axial fluid collection is seen

Deep and subcortical white matter are unremarkable in signal density

There is prominence of the CSF space in the sella turcica consistent with partially empty sella likely a normal variant
No mass or abnormal enhancement is seen on the post contrast images There is a small cyst or prominence of the perineurial space in the right basal ganglia

There is no evidence of mass effect or midline shift.

Anterior, middle and posterior cerebral arteries are patent. Motion artifact degrades the details. No definite or sizable intracranial aneurysmal dilatation, significant focal stenosis or evidence of tumor blush is identified

Report 3:

EXAM: MRI Spine Lumbar w/ + w/o contrast

7.5 cc of Gadavist contrast is utilized for this examination

Imaging of the thoracic and lumbar spine is made. The thoracic study is performed without contrast and the lumbar study performed with and without contrast

In the thoracic spine there is Schmorl node defects at several levels. Endplate spurring and disc bulging are seen at several levels

At the C7-T1 interspace the spinal canal and neural foramina are uncompromised

At T1-T2 and T2-T3 the spinal canal and neural foramina are uncompromised

At T3-T4 there is eccentric bulging to the right without compromise of the underlying structures

At T4-T5 the axial scans do not reveal the abnormality with the sagittal studies demonstrate disc and spur complex extending in the left-sided neural foramen and deforming the anterior left aspect of the cord

At T5-T6 there is disc and spur extending into the right-sided neural foramen using abutment of the exiting nerve root

At T6-T7 there is mild disc bulging abutting the ventral aspect of the cord. This is eccentric to the right

At the T7-T8 interspace there is disc herniation centrally and to the left. This deforms the anterior left aspect of the cord

At T8-T9 disc herniation centrally and to the right causes mild flattening and deformity of the cord

At T9-T10 interspace there is a small herniation to the left without significant compromise of the underlying structures

At T10-T11 the spinal canal is uncompromised. There is extension of the disc into the neural foramina bilaterally

This is more severe on the left and constitutes a lateral intraforaminal herniation

At T11-T12 the spinal canal and neural foramina are uncompromised

At T12-L1 there is Schmorl node defect without compromise of the underlying structures

In the lumbar region there has been fusion across L5-S1. The spinal canal at the upper lumbar levels is uncompromised. There is enhancement of the left S2 nerve root from the conus to its exit. Mild disc bulging at every lumbar level causes some slight neural foraminal compromise and minimal abutment of the exiting nerve roots. There is extensive postoperative change dorsal to the L5-S1 interspace which is largely related to epidural fibrosis and enhancing scar. Convincing evidence of recurrent or residual disc herniation here is not seen.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    edited 02/28/2015 - 9:19 PM
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

*There is nobody on the forum qualified or permitted to interpret or advise on an MRI finding

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I have five appointments this week; neurologist, G.I. and 3 with neurosurgery.

Based on the MRI's I think I have three area of discs in my back that are not good and laying on nerve channels and the spinal cord; one areas some are in is really not a good area and is dangerous.

After having my L1 - S1 fused in April 2012, I never thought I would be to this point so quickly?

My MRI's from 12 months ago didn't show any of these "scary" aspects, only the normal and typical bulging and so on.

The sorest is the pain and inability to sit without extrem and ungodly pain.; Right now I lay flat with knees unbent or stand.
  • I am so sorry to hear what you are going through! I have been told that I need a L1-S1 fusion, which scares the heck out of me. I am wondering if fusing that much of your back put that much pressure on the rest of your back. I hope that you are doing well. I see that you haven't been online for awhile and I'm wondering if you had surgery to correct this problem. I am wondering how old you are and how long you have been dealing with back issues. I am 59 years old and have not much disc space at all in my lower back. Curiously, I have been living with this without really experiencing much pain until sciatica hit me very badly last fall. I've had several injections, which have helped a lot, but I know I am facing a fusion in the not too distant future.

Wishing you well! Please write back and let me know how you are!

Kathleen Mahoney