Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain management & pain meds...confused, need help

Hi everyone, I'm not going to go into a long story about my history right now, but it can be found in my former posts. I went to my PM facility last week and frankly needed a week to compose my thoughts and calm my nerves, though I did rant a liittle on another thread.

Right off I am currently on MS Contin 30mg q12h, Tizanidine 4mg q12h, and Dilaudid 2-4mg q6-8h for breakthrough. Last week I told the PM again that I wasn't having good pain relief (I was on 2mg of Dilaudid q6h) I was told that "we are not a high dose pain clinic" but that they could switch around some of my meds. The PA asked me if I would be willing to try Methadone I said not really and I was scared to do so. She said 'so your scared of Methadone but not higher doses of morphine and dilaudid'. And I guess the reason I am so scared of methadone is the stigmata that surrounds it and the high risk of respiratory issues, I was in healthcare until my injury. Anyway, she dropped the long term meds for a while, and we moved on to my breakthrough med. She asked if I would be willing to try IR Morphine, I said that I had only had it once and it was in the ER through an IV and that it didn't really help with pain just made me hot and feel high(I don't have that problem with IV dilaudid). So she asked about Oxy, and I said honestly it has helped in the past but my liver enzymes had been high in my last bloodwork and my doctor wanted me to stay away from tylenol as much as possible. I don't know if she thought iwas just being difficult at this point but she suddenly asked if I was growing dependent on the meds or if I felt addicted, which floored me. I honesrly was pissed at first but after talking with friends, family and on here I realized she was only doing her job though I'm still miffed.
The PA lefted for a bit to talk to the doctor and came back with a script for dilaudid 4mg for two weeks and said that if this dose dosent help I would need to try other meds. I was clearly upset and she asked if i was ok, itold her I felt like I was being punished or singled out and made to suffer. She appoligized said that I wasn't being singled out but that they were not justgoing tokeep increasing my medications and would need to be open to rotating meds out. I don't feel that my doses are that high is there away I can pursue this without getting into trouble?

I guess what I'm conflicted about is the methadone.
What will happen if I'm on this medication amd need to go to the ER, will they just assume I'm drug seeking and turn me out?
What other options are out there for someone who has been through many injections, nerveblocks, PT, amd it having a SCS implanted in April?
I have medical assistance and have not been able to work since October 2013 so have no income, are massages, accupressure, or accupuncture covered by medical assistance?