Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Introduction - bulging neck disc

doublegddoubleg Posts: 2
edited 03/03/2015 - 7:45 AM in New Member Introductions
I have always been a pretty healthy person. Going to the gym regularly and play sports. A couple of months ago I bought myself a kettlebell to improve my hamstring strength. I had a backpack on me and I was carrying it home in my backpack. It was quite heavy so was carrying it with my neck tilted forward. I got home feeling a bit numb. Did a few sets on my new kettlebell and went to bed. 2-3 days after all of a sudden I noticed my fingers were getting numb and my neck was in a bit of pain. The doc had me order an MRI. I went to see an osteopath and within 2 sessions the pain and tingling had gone.
I was feeling better for 3 weeks carrying heavy bags and getting on with my life. Three weeks after all of a sudden those pains started to come back. I was scared and still hadnt got my MRI results. I have been going to the osteopath and the treatments made me slightly better but still wouldnt go away completely. Last week I finally got my MRI results and was told I have a profuse bulge in my c6-c7. My GP however has given me no more help or treatment or advice. I am not in any agonising pain unless I hold anything, or sitting at my desk for more than an hour, but just feel my neck is uncomfortable. Because I cant sit and type for long periods I am also unable to work.
I am at a bit of a loss of who to see for advice as my GP is very unhelpful or what stretches or excercises I can do at home and generally I am scared.

Duplicate post please follow the link....