I am 22 years old, have had back and whole body problems ever since a neck injury two years ago. I have done everything to heal and I have made great strides. But in the end I hope that time will be the final piece to the puzzle. All over the internet there is much more to scare you then encourage you. I need a morale boost, can people post there injuries, progress, and what they have done to recover; of course you may post whatever you feel is appropriate.
If you are interested or if you have any prognosis advice for me here is a list of my symptoms and background.
-Did a backflip landed on my cervical thoracic junction, at the time of the injury my neck and hips were the only parts of my body in prolonged pain.
- Have been to four physical therapy facilities in a year.
- Had X-rays and MRIs done but everything looked normal.
- Seen multiple orthopedists(who all turned me to PT), neurologists( who said I have fibromyalgia), chiropractor( who made me worse), Rolfer( best form of relief I have had), muscle activation specialist (although their job is not to treat pain, did an amazing job in restoring my body's strength), a salt cave ( supposedly has some healing ideology behind it) at PT I have tried acupuncture and dry needling, and a naturopath( who currently has me taking Magnesium Citrate)
(the Holistic stuff has worked best for me)
- From now to the injury more symptoms have appeared such as major pain in my collarbones, entire back, and neck, major tightness in my IT bands, ankles, groin, glutes and calves along with neck and back,
- shakiness in joints and no matter what I do they do not become strong again.
-Tingling, pins, and needles and light shooting pains in my feet.
- Sitting, standing, and lying down are painful.
The fact that I did this to myself through an injury rather then being born with it gives me some hope that I can reverse the process.