Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My midwife, and new MD who ordered my MRI, have both reffered me to our local pain management facility for treatment. Pain management NP ordered Lyrica last week but I am still waiting for her to sign off on it for insurance to authorize. No big deal over the weekend but in the night I developed a headache which ramped up to shock spasm throbs from my neck to mid spine. I was miserable. I am home with my newborn baby who I nurse and literally the pain stole my peace and day. I start despairing when my pain gets that high.

So I called pain management and the secretary was kind of rude to me asking questions that I wanted to ask the nurse. She said "I'm just trying to get more information so I can help you -hold on." i told the nurse how i was having the worst pain day in a very long time with concerning neck spasm like pains and imhaving trouble getting my prescription (which isnt a rescue med i dont think) and she said "ill see what I can do".

No one ever called me back. THANK GOD I suddenly started improving spontaneously. I did take 2 xs Tylenol, 4 baby aspirin, a fioricet migraine tab and rubbed ointment on and wore my tens for an hour.

The point to this long story is I feel helpless, without pain control, without any provider that truly cares or relates, and freaked out. Honestly I have never been without any narcotic rescue meds (say 60 T 3 or Vicodin per year) for 10 years and now I really really need them! I feel treated like I'm just supposed to tough it out but I am emotionaly unstable with this pain! I get in a dark depressed mood with hopelessness and sadness that I can't enjoy my life or give to my family.

I promise I am praying and trying to be free from this naturally but the pain won't go away!! I have a 5 week old baby and my tutoring, parents and friends need me. Im loosimng myself to this pain.

What do I do! I don't feel I can tough it out. Am I on the edge of making some kind of a break through?