Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A pain in my ass

edited 03/04/2015 - 12:39 PM in Lower Back Pain
So I have heard the expression: This is a real pain in the ass, but until recently, I always took it as a figure of speech. I don't know exactly when it all started, it could be anywhere from a few months to a few years ago, but the physical pain has only been manifesting in my ass for a few months now, and it is so apparent that I have difficulty focusing on anything but this pain. Even as I am writing this, I am only half mindful about what I am saying because the other half is thinking about this pain in my ass.
The pain started while I was at my last job back in December 2014, but it was not because of any physical related work injury. Have you ever felt someone looking at you? Well, in this instance, there was a former coworker standing behind me during a training class. He had been trying to get under my skin for a while now, and I was keeping my distance so as to avoid conflict. Nevertheless, management put us in the same class, and he, being an uneducated roughneck, and I, being an educated engineer, were soon in the proximity that the roughneck desired. I was enthralled by the education, and trying to ask questions, but the roughneck was insistent that I pay attention to him so he stood behind me and cast his gaze. I thought to turn around and fight, but there were several other roughnecks surrounding me who all supported what he was doing, and I could not afford to lose my job because I am supporting my pregnant wife. I was left helpless. As it was happening, I slowly lost concentration of the lesson that was being taught and could feel his gaze pushing my shoulders forward. The few subsequent days after the incident, I could feel a dull pain moving downward along my spinal column as though my spine were being pushed out of alignment. A week later, the pain felt as though it were constricting my anus. Nowadays, I can feel it in different ways: sometimes it feels like sciatica going from my sacrum to my heel, other times it is an acute pain in the upper right or left sides of my lower back. Massaging sometimes will help, but the pain never goes away.
As far as the job goes, I was actually fired and the other employee kept his job. It is sad to think that a company would instill so much hostility amongst its own employees, but that is the nature of that company. There is more background to what led up to the incident, but I am sharing the information about the pain in case someone might know what I can do about it. I just want to be able to focus, again. I am struggling to even listen while others are talking to me, now; and it has greatly impacted my life both professionally and personally.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery