Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

IV Lidocaine

Hey There!
I just saw my pain doctor and she recommended that I have infusions of Lidocaine. Has anyone had this done? We were going to do injections but I have a C1-C3 spinal fusion and my neurosurgeon says that the risk is too high. So has anyone tried this and how well did it work?

• Hi 102876,

I'm waiting for approval from insurance company for lidocaine patch, Now they're no to patch and trying for a gel or shots.
    My target point injections were lidocaine and corticoseroid and those worked, but insurance won't cover those anymore.

What's the concern your doctor has?
    46 F Avg Hgt/Weight non-smkr/drkr, ex-runner
    Chronic back/neck pain/urticaria (pic)
    ADCF C6-7, 11/13
    C3-4-5 , L3-4-5-S1 DDD bulge annular tear

• DS2B, she has no concern with the lidocaine infusions. As far as any injections go: I have had 3 spinal fusions. The first one was C1-C2, second was occipital-C2, third one the occipital fusion was removed and they extended down to C3. The concern is that there is scar tissue that is supporting the hardware and if that got moved then it can ruin the fusion, infection is another risk and they don't want to have to do another surgery because an infection got into my fusions, that she won't be able to get to the area of pain were the biggest risks. Many things are against me with injections so that's the last avenue that she would want to try but she said the lidocaine infusions are promising because there is no huge side effects. The lidocaine patches didn't help me so they are trying to get farther in there.
  • I can only image the pain and/or headaches associated with this. Is lidocaine injection working?
    I am very interested to hear back.
    Be safe and I hope you find relief soon.
    46 F Avg Hgt/Weight non-smkr/drkr, ex-runner
    Chronic back/neck pain/urticaria (pic)
    ADCF C6-7, 11/13
    C3-4-5 , L3-4-5-S1 DDD bulge annular tear

• Well we were going to go forward with it but at the last minute the insurance denied the request because to them it is controversial and since it lasts a short time it would cost them more than they are willing even though I have great odds or walking out pain free. So Fruatrating!!!