Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Treatment for Damaged Discs in the Cervical Spine

MaRayMMaRay Posts: 5
edited 03/05/2015 - 9:10 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Please let me know what works: I cant do any thing but lay on Ice. I feel like I've been Iced. lol

Anyone tried these recommendations which i will list here? i want a long term solution! I am afraid these too non invasive just want my money , but feel like sugary could make it worse? so i am crossing my fingers someone will tell me where there is a chance somewhere.

1. Band aide sugary: Often called the “Band-Aid” procedure, a cervical discectomy is a minimally invasive procedure that is performed exclusively in the cervical spine—the area of the spine that begins at the base of the skull and encompasses seven vertebral segments that connect to the thoracic spine (upper back). It does not require an incision or stitches—which means patients have less risk for infection and usually enjoy a shorter recovery time.
Does this laser surgery help bone spurs as well, I have both. Ant bad reviews for Laser option?

2. Bodywork or Rolfing thing for decompression of the C spinal nerves that lasted??Bodywork that re aligns muscles - adjusts bones and teaches body posture can cure me. I am wondering how I can learn to walk the right way, when i am so dizzy i cannot stay on my feet long.

3. What they call “burning” the nerves to kill them? Numbing the nerves? Or Injections into the spine?

4. Laser Sugary?
Proclamation: True or False? Anyone?
One of the great benefits of the cervical discectomy is that is allows the physician to accurately identify and precisely treat the appropriate disc or discs that are actually causing pain. After administering local and light general anesthesia, the physician inserts a small, hollow needle anteriorly into the neck. Using fluoroscopy to precisely guide the needle to the center of the suspected disc, the physician injects a small amount of dye directly into its nucleus to see if fluid leaks from the disc. If the disc tests positive, then a laser is passed through the needle and directly into the disc where it is fired intermittently to shrink bulging disc tissue and seal the tear (herniation).
If the patient has damaged or diseased discs in more than one level of their cervical spine, the physician can treat them as well. In fact, multiple levels of the cervical spine can be treated during one procedure.
I am really hoping some 1 or more can give me some positive recommendations which so far i can’t really find on line.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

*There is nobody on the forum medically qualified or permitted to give medical advice, all responses are based on members personal experiences only

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery