Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How is everyone doing it??

doofddoof Posts: 131
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
So we all seem to be making progress but I bet we are all doing it in different ways.

I was just wondering what your secrets are! I am desperately trying to avoid using the word 'diet' - yuk, as I don't consider mine to be a diet, I've simply changed my eating habits.

I've tried numerous ways over the years but this way seems to suit me best. No counting, measuring or weighing, I've just cut right down on carbs. I've also cut down on my alcohol intake and upped my water intake. That part wasn't too difficult as I found that after surgry I lost the taste for wine - I've had 3 ops in a year so that helped (bit drastic though)!

I started last April (2007) and have so far managed to lose 31 lbs, or 2 stone 3 in English. It's slow, steady and easy, just my kind of guy :D

I'm back at work now and have previously found that this is when I am likely to slip. It's easier to grab a sarnie on the run and I also drink far more tea and coffee than at home, I'm also far more likely to open that bottle of wine when I come in - ho hum.

Anyway, guys - how are you all doing it?

• Sandra, good for you.. 31 lbs wow... years ago I've tried the lowcarb diet(Aktins) and did so well and loved it.. But things happened and I eventually went back to my old habits and gained some.. I have about 10-15 lbs I would like to loose to get me to where I would like to be at. It's so hard I started loosing again now but pretty slow... I love eating fruits especially in summer time so I'm trying to watch what I'm eating and kind of be guided by WW. Summer is a good time because you're more active and that helps you loosing.

Have you reached your goal yet? How do you like the lowcarb way of life?

Best of luck to you..

Lotus :)
  • doof i had nt realised u had lost so much weight,good 4 u,as u know im trying 2 follow a lowfat diet and cut out my beloved bread lol,i ve lost 13 pounds 2 date and want another 14 pounds off by december i plan to get it off steady but surely i think thats the best way
  • Well Lotus, I'd like to lose another 14lbs and losing that by Christmas seems like a good target ........ so Ben if your up for it I will trot along next to you. 10 1/2 stone by Christmas would be a great pressie.

I am enjoying the low carb lifestyle, I still tuck into some bread or potatoes from time to time but I don't break out into a sweat and beat myself up over it.

Lotus if you enjoy fruit then you shouldn't have too many problems losing your 10 - 15lbs, tuck in to a huge pile of it and watch the pounds slip away :)

Good luck everyone

This discussion has been closed.