Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help to understand mri results

sammy1980ssammy1980 Posts: 2
edited 03/06/2015 - 9:37 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi everyone, I have had my mri results today and my doctor didn't really explain them very well to me, I was wondering if anyone could help me make sense of them please?

Although there is preservation of disc height, there is loss of disc hydration most marked at L2/3.
At this level there are small anterior osteophytes, and a small disc bulge, however there is increased T2 signal posteriorly compatible with an annular tear. There is flattening of the anterior aspect of the thermal sac and minimal facet degenerative changes. No significant neural compromise.

At L3/4 there are moderate facet joint degenerative changes and a small disc bulge but to significant neural compromise. Again there is a very subtle T2 signal posteriorly suggestive of an annular tear.

At L4/5 there are marked right and moderate left sided facet joint degenerative changes but no disc lesion or neural compromise.

At L5/S1 there are minor right sided facet joint degenerative changes but no significant disc lesion or neural compromise.

Im 34 and it sould like a lot is going on with my back, just a bit lost as to the meanings of these term and what my prognosis is?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)
Sammy x