Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My introduction

swat666sswat666 Posts: 3
edited 03/06/2015 - 8:35 PM in New Member Introductions
Hello, I am so pleased to have found this site, and I hope my application to join will be accepted.
I am a 54 year old female, with quite a complex medical history, only part of which concerns my neck and spine, and that really only recently.
Due to a series of unfortunate coincidences, I now find myself with what my g.p. believes is called Discitis, this is yet to be formally diagnosed because I have been unable to have an M.R.I. scan yet.
It is not for want of trying, it is because this condition has left me in so much pain, it is not possible for me to lie down flat, which is what is needed if I am to have this scan.
So tonight my g.p. and I are experimenting with sedation, Under her care I have in the hope of relieving at least some of the pain taken 2x 500 mg of Paracetamol, 2x 200 mg of ibuprofen , 2x 50 mg of Tramadol, 2x 30 mg Nefopam , I have been wearing a 25 mg/hour Fentanyl patch for two days now, and finally 3x 2mg Diazepam tablets. This is all in the hope that I will be able to lie down flat, then I can have the scan.
If it doesn't work tonight, tomorrow it will be more of the same but with 4 Diazepam tablets, but if that doesn't work, I have been told to just turn up for my scan at the allotted time, and speak with the doctor, and see if there is anything he can suggest.
I am sure I am not the only one to ever have had this problem, so if anyone else has suffered the same, and has any suggestions as to pain relief that actually works, I would truly be eternally grateful, so to who ever might read my post and be able to help I thank you, and maybe I can help to as I also suffer from Ankolising Spondilitus, and also to whoever may be responsible for allowing me to join, I thank you also.
And in as much as it may be possible, I wish you all a peaceful and painfree night, and look forward to seeing if I have been accepted perhaps by tomorrow.
S. Watson.