Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain, it's No Joking matter....

SaraKateOlivarezSSaraKateOlivarez Posts: 10
edited 03/09/2015 - 11:05 PM in Chronic Pain
I have now been dealing with chronic pain for half of my life. It started when I was 14 years old, and I am now 27 years old, At this time I have gone thru 13 surgeries on my back alone, and several more in other area's. I'm not too sure I can even pin point a time when I didn't have horrible pain on a daily basis, it's quickly becoming a blur; painless days are just now a distant memory to me. I am a full time mother, wife & homemaker. It may not sound like much, but when you can hardly walk and have a "bad luck track record" like mine including falling multiple times, it makes any daily activity complicated. Just standing is a struggle. I have an L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1 fusion, I have weakness in both legs, however, more so on the left side. Recently a new MRI found a fracture and Torn Labral ligaments in my left hip. I also have scattered schmoral nodes throughout my thoracic spine, and herniated disc's in neck C6-C7, C7-C8, this creates pain down my arms, and a weakened grip. So, I don't have many good disc's left in my back. I have to have surgery on my neck and hip sometime in the near future, just needing to find a time when this can be done.

I am currently at a cross-road with medication, I find myself having problems keeping down pain pills after being on them for 5 years. Wondering about any other options.

I am seeking a friend(s), or anyone at this point to talk to, knowing that "you're not alone" is a comforting feeling when you are dealing with extreme pain. I hope to share my story with others and maybe help someone else out there in need as well. Because I have been in and out of hospitals and countless Dr.'s appointments over the past 14 years I can help others that may be seeking some guidance too. And me myself and seeking out the same from another. Guidance, friendship, someone to talk to.

Thank You for taking the time to read this.

Link to new members introduction

L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1fusion. DDD, Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica. Scattered schmoral nodes throughout thoracic spine. Herniated disc's C6-C7, C7-C8. Fractured Hip and torn labral ligament. (I Have gone thru 13 spinal surgeries)