Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain & Doctors

During the month of February I only left the house to get food and medical appointments. I have to say that this is a problem, a big problem. It's felt like a house was tossed on my chest and I've been unable to move, anxiety on all fronts. Being around people on a whole impossible. My back pain is so extensive that I can no longer tell if I'm even in pain.

I had my regular appointment yesterday for pain. I wanted an increase of 30 milligrams in morphine per day, my doctor gave me 60 mgs. It's time released so I am now taking 60 milligrams in the morning and 60 milligrams at night. Along with another medication as needed. I did not expect the results I am getting, it's like night and day. My appointment was at 9 and by 5 the same very day ((gone)). I'm functioning again, I'm eating, I feel like getting outside, the social anxiety has all but vanished and I have no pain... The only thing I was able to do during February was diet and because of it I'm now down to 250 from 288 one year ago.

I put my topic Pain and Doctors as Thank God for my Doctor and for the pain center I'm in. Because of my past experience before my surgery with Doctors I no longer have faith and trust in them. My Doctor and my pain center, what they did and the direction they are going with my pain ((I now trust them)). The Pain is gone and I feel like stopping into the center and saying thank-you or sending them a note or who knows even sending them flowers. They believe in me and although I've not been perfect I do what they tell me to do, although not leaving the house is a problem at least I've done what I could in dieting. Now I want to get back to the gym, along with the weight loss now strengthening what ever I can. Perhaps a bit premature but I feel awesome.

• Wow I am so happy for you, it is wonderful to hear when some one has that kind
    of relief. I would wish that for everyone here on the Forum, just one day pain
    free what a dream or even a drop in pain would be a miracle for most.
    Enjoy yourself and keep up the good work with your workout I wish you the best.
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,807
    It's amazing how pain relief can change your entire outlook and give you the strength to try to get to gym and get better.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • Thank you... It's been 24 hours and I feel great. Over the last two-three months it's been hell and I can not believe that pain can cause this type of depression and anxiety... I was not able to do anything, even friendships have diminished. People asking me to get together, get together for anything and even that I've been unable to follow suit. I'm fearful that this is going to pass that not only the pain is going to come back but everything else with it, more debilitating that the pain itself. It's been an awesome 24 hours and I'd like to see some friends in the morning and hit the gym ((just to walk)). Better yet just enjoy the show OMG thank-you!!!

This is really a serious condition for me on all fronts and I need to continue treating it as such. Even though I had surgery this is still very life threatening it really is. Day to day, diet, exercise, taking medication as prescribed and if there is even a question of increase or decrease I'm leaving it to the experts. As I said I wanted a 30 mg increase and in truth questioned the jump but had I went with what I know and believe I would not have had this relief. Even brand name's on medications have been an issue and with this increase I had to go with a different brand name. This is like night and day so the increase in medication is one thing but to feel this good something else had to make a difference. You will have to forgive me it's been so long since I've felt positive in any regards I'm glowing here and could talk about this all night.

Thank you for the comments

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,807
    Uncontrolled pain can be one of the most destructive things mentally and phsically to a person. It has so many negative effects. I am glad you are doing better
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.