Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

"Re-introduction" (Old member, new here)

brynellenbbrynellen Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone.

My story:

Mom of 2 boys who's NS said I have a textbook bad back. I've had problems since I was in junior high. Diagnosed with a spondylolisthesis (after a chair was pulled out from beneath me...) at age 12. Now at 28, I am still suffering! I herniated L5 S1 during my last pregnancy (last Aug) and exhausted all conservative methods trying as hard as possible to avoid surgery. Finally, gave up in April and had a discectomy and laminectomy. I am STILL hurting, though. Had another MRI done June 12 which shows no recurrent disk problems at that level, but does show DDD, 2 other bulges, and my Grade 1 spondy (which is stable!). But nothing to explain the pain on my right side now. Finally in PT and my therapist thinks my SI joint is out of whack and has been for a long time. So I am finally starting PT (I've been asking for it from my surgeon since surgery) my neurosurgeon can't (or won't) see my unitl August and I gave up on him and had my family doctor look at my MRI and do what he thinks is best. That's how I'm in PT. One day at a time.

So here I am, thinking I would be pretty much pain free by now...but far from it. I've starting taking a very low dose of neurontin (I'm still breastfeeding my 6 month old baby) and that helps some of the uncomfortable nerve pain.

Walking 2-3 miles a day (helps a lot!) and enjoying what I can of this beautiful summer and the time with my boys!!

Glad to see some of my old 'buddies' and welcome to the new ones. I hope this finds everyone on a "good" pain day!