Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I need suggestions on how to deal with chronic pain?

amcfemaleaamcfemale Posts: 1
edited 03/11/2015 - 9:22 AM in Chronic Pain
I got hurt on my job in January of this year (2015). It is now March of '15. The amount of pain I have been in since my injury 47 days ago is incredible! I have been seeing a workmans comp DR but he does not seem to care! I have tried, and I will list everything in order, these following medications and not a single med has worked for me except 1 sort-of-kind-of.

1) Ibuprofen + Methocarbamol (turns out I am allergic!)
2) Medrol Pack (a 6 day steroid antiinflammatory med)
3) Medrol (AGAIN! 12 days total!) + Tramadol (this one kind of worked. it took the edge off but did not actually take the pain away) + Pepcid (this was to help my stomach because between all that steroid and tramadol, my stomach was shot to you know where!)
4) Naproxen + Flexeril
5) Naproxen (AGAIN!) + Skelaxin

That is 8 medications in total! 8! Now keep in mind, skelaxin and methocarbamol (AKA Robaxin) are under the same classifications for muscle relaxers. Since I am allergic to Robaxin (Methocarbamol) I WILL be allergic to Skelaxin! My DR prescribed me a med he KNEW I would be allergic to. He is very lucky I researched and found that out before taking it otherwise he would have a medical malpractice lawsuit on his hands!

Regardless, he is not listening to me at all. As if he doesn't believe me! It took him 44 days just to send me for an MRI! Which shows I have Spondylolysis of L5-S1 with interruption of the PARS.

He does send me to physical therapy. Physical therapy helps take the pain out of my legs and relocate it to the lumbar region of my back. Other than that, I am still in constant pain. What are other ways without medications that can help with this pain? I am desperate! I cry myself to sleep because of the amount of pain I am in!
:B :-B :nerd:


  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Welcome to Spine-Health

    Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

    If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com


    Liz, Spine-health Moderator

    Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Except physical therapy, did you receive any others? The electrotherapy may be very useful against pain, heating, magnetic pulses, that may help too. Swimming is something that may do the best (I feel no pain when swimming, but at the end I am not fish). Analgesics itself would not solve the problem. Did you visit the neurologist and had consultations with surgeon? If your DR is not listening you than you have right to change him for someone better who can understand.
    Scoliosis vertebrae THL
    Sy CC et CB
    Sy THS
    Sy LS chr
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    Look into the work comp rules for your state. I was injured at work & had to endure the work comp doctors for 90 days, then I was permitted to go to the doctor of my choice. I would definitely look into finding a good spine doctor. Have you tried using a TENS unit? My physical therapist talked to work comp to get them to approve me to have one to use at home. Check out your states laws & go from there.
Sign In or Register to comment.