Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Do you get abdominal pain with a slipped disc?

I have been experiencing mild abdominal pain along with a long term pain my lower back. The pain in my lower back has been persisting for about 2 months now since I performed heavy deadlifts at the gym. As well as the mild pain in my stomach, i also have a lack of bowel movement. I went running on sunday morning and on sunday i felt my back pain was worse, so maybe if it is a slipped disc, i made it worse by running. I never had the abdomen pain or lack of bowel movement before sunday.

I am just curious, has anyone here experienced a similar thing with a slipped disc? Is it possible for a slipped disc to affect the stomach and bowel movement?

• shortfuse5691sshortfuse5691 Posts: 407
    edited 03/11/2015 - 5:07 PM
    I never did have abdominal pain with mine. Don't wait too long, if the pain gets sharp get to your doctor!!
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.
  • Probably you don't have CES, but these issues are possible if you have got CES (cauda equina syndrome).
  • shortfuse5691 said:
    I never did have abdominal pain with mine. Don't wait too long, if the pain gets sharp get to your doctor!!
    Yeah, the pain isn't bad it's just mild and a bit irritating at the moment. Also, because i haven't had bowel movements for a few days this could be another reason why. I need to wait until Tuesday because I can't see my usual doctor until then, and he's really good and thorough with his examination.

However, if the pain does get worse then I will have to see another doctor or go to the hospital, but because the pain is only mild at the moment I will wait for the moment. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this before as I have read online on various forums that abdominal pain is certainly possible with a herniated disc.
  • i dont really have abdominal pain, although the abdomen and back are pretty much connected..thats why they say to do plans for lower back issues and stregthen the core. ive been doing planks and my back hurts lol.