Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bulged disc S1 Nerves, Deep Breathing pain

jacko382jjacko382 Posts: 2
So over the last 10 weeks I have had a high level of pain in my right leg, upper and lower, investigated this with my GP to eventually learn it is caused by a bulged disc.I was given a drug called celecoxib to try and help. I work in a call centre so my job is 95% sitting down, so we went over how to sit and one basic stretch to do, In my opinion was told very little about what to do other than wait it out and by 10 weeks most cases heal, Should maybe even expect it to be gone in 8 weeks due to being young and fit.

Long story short it's been 10 weeks and nothing has changed, if not may have slightly gotten worse. But over the last 2 or 3 days, I have developed different pain, In my upper left chest/back almost under my shoulder when twisting or not laying flat, or bending or pretty much any movement, I also notice it when I take a deep breath, sneeze or cough.

The doctor said it must be because due to the bulged disc I must be taking shorter breaths to avoid the pain, which has weakened my lungs or something? I don't understand to be quite honest, but she just said to lay down for 5 minutes throughout the day to relieve the stress on my back, and to regularly take deep breaths.

Does anyone know anything about this? or have experienced this? nothing seems to be getting better