Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Looking for a ACDF March/April buddy

I'm having one level ACDF by a neurosurgeon on March 31st. Looking for a female buddy as I am a mother of 7.

• Readyforchange said:
    I'm having one level ACDF by a neurosurgeon on March 31st. Looking for a female buddy as I am a mother of 7.
    Hi Readyforchange, I'm scheduled for surgery on April 28th, one level ACDF also, at C4/5. I am also female. I am 40 and a mother of two. If you want me as your buddy I'd be happy to listen even though our surgeries will be a month apart.
  • Let's be buddies. If you are a prayer pray for me and I will pray for you. Surgery is Tuesday and I am having cold feet. Most days my pain is tolerable so I hope I am going to have good results. What kind of doc is doing yours? What is your pain like now?
  • Absolutely, I will be praying for you, you bet. It's funny you say that about getting cold feet. I had a couple of good days this week and I started self-doubting. "My pain isn't so bad, I can live with this" and then on the third day, my shoulder was in a vice, my head hurt so bad I couldn't think , my neck had a knife in it and my shoulder blade was on fire, then I think "I wish the surgery were tomorrow". So I totally know what you are going through.
    I think what happens is that we just get used to our pain. Our pain thresh-hold goes up, I dont think the pan is actually getting better. My pain is different every day. I have days that are good and the pain is a 3-4, then out of the blue I wake up and I am a 6 and by the end of the day I am a 9. I kept a pain log after my facet injection, and it really surprised me how many bad days I had. I, like you thought my pain was getting better, and out of 17 days of keeping a log, I had 9 bad days, 5 moderate pain days and 3 good pain free days.
    I am having a neurosurgeon doing the surgery. Please keep me posted on how you are feeling. PM me and if you need added support I'm happy to exchange cell phone numbers with you. Where are you located?
    You will be in my prayers.
  • BlessedMom74BBlessedMom74 Posts: 322
    edited 03/31/2015 - 3:54 AM
    You are in my thoughts and prayers, sending you healing thoughts. You're going to do great!