Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Advice on communicating with PM doctor after i fell and injured myself- adding additional pain to or

b_25bb_25 USPosts: 1
edited 03/12/2015 - 10:17 PM in Pain Management
First time post:

I am a young male patient with chronic pain from an accident. Recently, I fell and injured myself - ribs (at first I blew it off because I am hard headed, but then I became concerned). I visited the urgent care center near my house and saw a physician. I did not ask for any type of pain medication. I also stated that I was in pain management and was on a Pain Management Agreement. I repeatedly stated that I am not here for meds and that I did not want to violate the agreement. He understood and said he would hate for that to happen as well. Even if the affected area was fractured, it cannot be splinted or wrapped. It takes time to just heal itself- a few weeks (I wish he took an X-ray but he didn't). It also increased the neck pain I am already being treated for. I did not receive any prohibited meds. I felt like he truly tried to help me thinking of alternative options. He also suggested I call my PM doctor and see if it was possible for the PM doctor to temporarily increase the pain med due to this injury.

The problem now is that my PM's office is closed tonight and on Friday (tomorrow), although there is a doctor on call. I am relatively new to PM, and don't want to get any trouble. At the same time, it is painful and the current pain meds + Tylenol don't cut it. I am kind of at a loss here. I have to work this weekend as well.

I have been in PM for less than a year, but have been compliant, follow the rules, and am honest. They said I never give them any problems.

Main question: Does anyone have prior experience dealing with a situation like this? It made the neck pain worse. I am not dying, but it is significant. What is an appropriate way to handle this situation in your opinion.?

Background: I have difficulty communicating and with some social skills (disability), and am a bit unsure what to do. Suffer, or call the Dr. tomorrow?

-Been in PM for just under a year for Tx. of Low back and neck pain,
-First I saw my PCP, said I needed a pain clinic.
-Had MRI's and a CT over the past few years.
-Did a good amount of Physical Therapy before PM.
-The reason for PM is due to low back pain and neck pain.
-So far conservative treatment -considering injections, but I am getting a 50/50 Yes/No answer on whether they are a good idea because of my age.
-Alternative Therapies so far are Heat, Deep breathing, etc, along with conventional therapies.

Thank you in advance.