Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Recovering from spinal surgery

RonJ2470RRonJ2470 Posts: 13
edited 03/13/2015 - 5:25 PM in Recovering from Surgery
Hello my friends,
Well it's been a long time(9-8-2014) since I said hello, I have not forgotten all the support I receive prior to my surgery and after my surgery. Thank you all for your kind support and information on what I should expect post op. I can truly say if it was'nt for you I don't know where I would be right now. The surgery was 5 and half hours long which was not expected. There were some complications (crack in my spine) which was not discovered on the MRI. Now, I am dealing with a new issue I can't sit for any long periods (25 minutes tops), when I sit for 15-20 minutes the pain in my hips becomes unbearable . I have discuss this with my doctor who now has become extremely concern. The X-ray does not show any significant change in my spinal colum, but the crack did not appear in the X-ray , nor MRI. A friend of mind has mention to me about the crack in my spine and that it could have open up from the graft . This would cause me to have another surgery , I really can't go thru again. It has been suggested not by my doctor, to have a steroid injection to alleviate the pain. So my friends what do you think, all opinions are welcome. At this point I do need you to express your thoughts, thanks
Ronald J. Geron

• avidswimmeraavidswimmer Posts: 11
    edited 03/13/2015 - 11:16 PM
    Have you tried other dr opinions? Also steriods are bad for our body and I have friends said many times does not work abd have to keep injecting which is bad.
  • I am have the same problem. I had a burst L1. The put rods in. I have fusion from T12-L2 with L1 screwed together & cemented. After I got out of my brace I was in a lot of pain. Both mid & lower back. They tried injecting my L4&5 & S1 bi lateral with no sedation. Because I have nerve damage in my right hip from surgery, (it took much longer than they originally thought 9 hours they said it might have caused some damage in that hip they had me on my side for surgery) my hip & thigh are hyper sensitive. They started on that side for injections and I never made it to the left side. The dr also said he didn't or couldn't get it as far in the joint as he had hoped because I was in so much pain from the procedure. They stopped and I went back in another day for a sedated block of L 4&5. Dr was not convinced the pain was coming from those joints. So he didn't finish other side. But what you are explaining is exactly what I am feeling. I have apt on 3/27 to see surgeon. Hopefully he will have some answers. I have been told to do pool therapy which I start next week. I will let you know how that goes.
  • enwinkaeenwinka Posts: 1
    edited 08/13/2015 - 6:04 AM
    Hello there, i am 21 years old, i have spinal t8 t9 t10 nerves tumor surgery before one week ago, i can't feel my legs very well, can i expect that after some time, training i will feel my legs like before?
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History