Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

still having back&new left leg pain.

motelman99mmotelman99 Posts: 122
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
had a double (lam) 5-30-08.before that i had neck surgery on 4-16-08 and had back surgery in 92,94,and fused l5 in 98....anyway i;m still hurting...left leg pain this is new.. and back&butt pain just like before i had my surgery....had and mri done and here are the resutes...........FINDINGS.....................................a trace of retrospondylolthesis of l-2 on l-3 and l-3 on l-4..the s1 joints demonstrates mild degenerative changes....at l5-s1 the disk spaceis normal.the facet joints are moderately hypertrophic.at l4-5..the disk space demonstrates hypertrophic changes of the facet joints.there is a right hemilaminectomy defect.the disk space is narrowed..there is an endplate osteophytic ridge which extends into the right foramen with mild right foraminal stenosis.......at the l3-4 the disk spaced demonstrates preservation of height.there is disk space desiccation.there is amild annular tear of the disk space with a minimal disk bulge.........................................................at l2-3 there ia granulation tissue and fluid within the lam defect.the disk space demonstratesa broad-based smll central disk protrusion.this is causing mild to moderate left foraminal stenosis...............IMPRESSION..1.MILD TO MODERATE LEFT FORAMINAL STENOSIS AT L2-3 FROM AN UNDERLYING DISK PROTRUSION.CORRELATION WITH A LEFT L2 RADICULOPATHY........is there left leg pain in here somewhere?dr acted like there was nothing showing why im having leg pain..he did say he could go back in and do l2..any help would be great...

• going to bump this once..... :)
  • Hi Motelman,

I am not a doctor, but the one you consulted should have been able to answer you question. If you find that he is not responsive or just simply doesn't care maybe it is time to find a new doctor or at least consult one. :sick: :jawdrop: :sick: :jawdrop: Your pain is real, and somebody needs to pay attention to it.

Good luck!

Kin :) :) :)
  • I know it's really tough when you don't get answers from a scan. As far as I'm aware the nerves around the L2-L3 disc don't serve the lower limbs so that may be why he said what he said. If there are some degenerative changes in the lower lumbar region, that can cause symptoms in some people. You need to speak to the doctor again and maybe ask for some further tests - MRI scans are not the only diagnostic tool available and they should be used alongside other tests to get to the bottom of your symptoms.

Good luck with everything, Spicey