Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4weeks post op

I am 28daya, almost a month post op. he cut all of my pain medicine in half last week. And he told me to take motrin for in the middle of the night. I had a spinal fusion L1-L2 with bone graft. It was an XLIF, but he went in my side and back. I still wake up in so much pain every night in the middle of the night. is there anyone else out there in the same position as I?taking motrin seems to go against everything that the internet says.did he tells me it's just fine to take it.I had retrolisthesis of L1-L2. at 3 weeks like I said, they cut my pain medications back, which to me into a sleeping swirl of pain for two days. in my mind does seem to be a bit cruel.andwhen I call the doctors office they told me I was having withdrawals. which would have been a nice to know when we had an apt. So now I'm over that 3 days of hell.... But am in a lot more pain.... At least at night. I am starting to manage during the day..anyways I was just wondering if it was anyone else out there have been seemingly having the same experience experience.

• I've had several cervical spine surgeries, and I was never off pain meds until at least 6 weeks. If you are still experiencing pain you cannot control w otc meds, request pain meds. If your surgeon will not prescribe them, ask for a referral to pain management. every surgeon is different when it comes to weaning you off pain meds, but they will only handle your post op pain. After that, you need to advocate for pain management (if you're still in pain). I lived with herniated discs for 12 years prior to diagnosis, and I have permanent nerve damage as a result. Pain management has allowed me to manage my pain. Good luck.
    ACDF C6/C7 - 8/2010
    ACDF C5/C6 - 5/2012
    ACDF Revision C5/C6 - 8/2013
    Posterior revision w instrumentation C5/C6 - 6/2014
    Epidural steroid injections (cervical spine) 11/2014 - 12/2014
    Cervical nerve block 3/2015