Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Weird Throbbing Headache/Seizures and Lower Back Pain

ejgarn79eejgarn79 Posts: 1
edited 03/15/2015 - 8:14 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I know that I'm sure I will be told to ask this to the neurosurgeon, and I will, but I was hoping if someone could kindly explain a rational explanation if they could. I have been having lower back pain for about 5 years (am 35 y/o male), and this past Nov., I had three of those crazy seizures back to back to back. About one month after having the seizures, my lower back was killing me bad and I could barely walk. I can walk now, although I am still in pain. I had an MRI of my lumbar back, and it revealed that I have a small midline posterior disc herniation that touches the anterior surface of the thecal sac, degenerative disc at this level, as well as a 10 mm size high signal T2 and low signal T1 on the right side of the canal at the mid S1 level, which at minimum, is a perineural cyst and potentially a nerve sheath tumor. I have to have a follow up MRI with contrast to look into or rule out the nerve sheath tumor. But also, I am also having a weird sensation, that feels like someone is prodding the right side of my upper head with a needle, along with constant ringing of the ears, more on my right ear, constant headaches, etc. Now, given that your CNS involves both your spine and your brain, I am wondering if there could potentially be some cyst or tumor in my head that is causing this. When I was hospitalized for the seizures, apparently I had a CT scan of my brain, but I am wondering if they looked carefully at the covering of my brain carefully to explore any potential lesions that aren't terribly large. I know this is a lot, but maybe someone could point me into the right direction. Not that I am trying to jump ahead of myself, but say if I were to potentially have a schwannoma in my lower back - couldn't that also mean that something traveled up or down my spine and is also growing in my head? Should I request the images of the CT scan to have them reviewed again? Bottom line is that someone in their 30's doesn't get back to back to back seizures for the first time in their life. It's a convoluted situation. Thanks, and looking forward to some insight here. And yes, I know that cancers of the spine and neck can cause seizures.