Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone with info

I need some help here ASAP. Is there anyone on this forum that has any experience with One call Medical/One call Diagnostics. In looking them up I believe they are a third party "plan" usually contracted by employers to lower their claim costs, take care of all the paperwork with their insurer, and get the injured worker back to work. I happened to read an article that was written by them that literally said the typical injured employee is usually over 50, overweight, has undiagnosed diabetes, and is addicted to pain pills. They work to overcome these obstacles and get the employee back to work. (?) My Occupational Medical Center that is treating me cannot find an orthopedic or neurosurgeon (my biggest problems involve nerves) to treat me as I am a federal worker and no one likes to deal with OWCP. They (OWCP) usually are pretty good about agreeing to diagnostic tests but most Dr's don't want to have to deal with us for treatment for numerous reasons. This one stop place seems to even have their own "Doctor" to read the diagnostic tests and to quote them "get the injured worker on the fast track to recovery and back to work" . This would be just great if I saw a highly skilled Doc. that could "cure" me. But I'm thinking it's not in my best interest. My Occ. Doc's office secretary must have stumbled on this company and referred me and I'm sure were told we will handle all the billing, the diagnostics and treatment. Sounds perfect huh? I'm thinking for the Employer. This one call medical has been calling me from an office on the other side of the country daily leaving msg's to call for my diagnostic testing. Here's my problem I don't need a 3rd party to schedule an MRI. I'm sure OWCP would approve it as I've already had 3. My problem is needing a Dr. to treat me. And how much is a real Doc. in my area, unless they have 1 here on contract, going to rely on this company's interpretation of my results as they have their own"radiology readings" as I've read. Obviously they will bill OWCP and charge enough to make a profit after paying the radiology center IMO. Perhaps by reading it themselves and not by the Radiologist where I go. So when this Co. falls through for proper treatment I'm sol if I find a Dr. that I want to see and he needs diagnostics. They probably belong to ONE Call Medical and my ins. won't pay for another. Has anyone heard of this place? The worst thing is that as said my Doctors receptionist must have stumbled on this not my employer. Since this One stop diagnostics has their own Dr.s they will be able to send their own paperwork in to receive their own payment. All this from the other side of the country. Am I over reacting here? I admit they lost me with the typical injured worker description as when I first got hurt at work none of them pertained to me.

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 556
    I was injured at work & I remember having to call One Call to set up my mri? This was over 2 years ago, so I don't remember exactly how everything transpired. I live in PA, and when my 90 days were up, I was permitted to go to my own doctors. I have had 2 surgeries, 2 mri's, many X-rays & many injections & I can only remember talking to them that one time? I also had to hire an attorney, so I don't know if that is the reason I don't hear from them anymore?
  • I'm curious who gave you the results of the MRI? Was it One Call? And did they refer you to anyone for treatment? If so were you not happy with this Doctor then chose your own? Curious if their diagnosis seemed to be the same as your own Doctor after 90 days.
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 556
    I went & picked up results of mri. The only doctors work comp would send me to was a place like an urgent care center. I went there once a week. They also ordered physical therapy for me. They gave me numerous amounts of injections. 2 of them, I went to an outpatient center for them. It was my physical therapist who recommended that I go to spine doctor after she read the mri report. This is where my memory is schetchy (I blame the meds I'm on & not my age!). I went to the neurosurgeon who was on the work comp list & he said since none of the conservative treatments worked, he recommended surgery. I had moderate cord impingement. Then work comp sent me to their neurosurgeon & he recommended the same surgery. I ended up having ACDF on c4/5. Then, one year from date of injury, I had to have another fusion on same disc because it didn't fuse. I had to find another doctor because first doctor said I wasn't his patient anymore! My guess is, he didn't want associated with a failed surgery? Anyway, this time the surgeon went in through the back of neck. Much more painful & longer recovery. Sorry if I rambled on. Let me know if I can answer anymore questions.