Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Avascular Necrosis, Back/Butt pain, cannot sleep

I've been awake for 36 hours. I had surgery (bone graft and ORIF) for Avascular necrosis (Osteonecrosis) to my arm in December. I have had worsening back, leg and feet pain for some time. It has reached a crescendo lately. Whenever I lay down, I get severe paresthesias accompanied by gradually increasing shooting pain. The worst are in my toes and left heel. I have been incontinent for at least a year, it is intermittent but at least a few times a week of bowels. My exams showed no rectal tone, low back mri ok, bone scan ok. I have high cholesterol, low vitamin d, sleep apnea, and depression. I am 30 lbs overweight (most gained since early menopause and within the last 18 months or so due to pain). Doctor tries to blame the 30 lbs for my pain.

Today, my pain is much worse since yesterday. Literally no sleep at all. I keep thinking about going to the ER but if one more doctor tells me there is no reason for my severe pain (two have) I think I will scream. That's what they kept saying about my arm and then it turns out the bone was dead and subsequently had pathological fractures. Walked around like that for almost a year.

Blah. Just venting. Thanks for listening.