Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

lower back hurts, body looked crooked

markdc111mmarkdc111 Posts: 2
edited 03/19/2015 - 6:10 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello All,

I was playing basketball yesterday and I got blindsided by a hard pick from a guy much bigger than me and it really knocked me off balance. I was moving pretty fast in to it so my whole body definitely got rocked from it.

It didn't hurt too much at the time and I was able to keep playing without discomfort. As soon as I stopped playing, I could feel my lower back tightening up and feeling sore. I went home and took a hot shower and stretched, but the pain got much worse.

When I woke up today, the pain was nearly unbearable. I could only find a few positions when laying that didn't kill. Once I got up, after 20 mins of trying, I looked in the mirror and my torso looks crooked and my right hip looks lower. It's been about 5 hrs since I've been up and the pain isn't any better.

I've been doing some research online and I saw that my body might just look crooked and the pain might be from muscles spasming. Has this happened to anyone? Should I be more concerned than I am and go see a Dr?

Comments , not any medical advice, but personal opinion from experiences
What you are describing is quite common. When ever you take a hard fall and was off balance, your body gets twisted around, so there is always the chance of some muscle strain. This acute pain can be strong, but should not last more than a couple of days. When after a week or so and there is no improvement, then a call to your primary care physician may be in order. I would not take the time doing online research for something like this. You really do not have anything to go on.
You are only talking about less than 24 hours. Keep on icing it, then starting tomorrow try heat.

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator 03/19/15 12:10est

• Thanks, Ron. I was thinking I'd wait a few days and see. I probably should have mentioned that I also played bball on Monday and got fouled going up for a layup. I got knocked to the ground but it didn't hurt at the time. And Tuesday my lower back was just as slightly sore as it usually is after 2 hours of bball, so I didn't think anything of it.

do you think it's reasonable to think that I minorly tweeked it Monday and then yesterday's incident would have hurt anyway but it feels much worse now because of both?