Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRSA and pain procedures

Does anyone know if it is dangerous to have a back pain procedure when you have had MRSA? I fought MRSA for well over a year after getting it in the OR during a spinal fusion. It almost killed me. Even though it is not active now, I will have MRSA cells in my body from now on. I don't want to wake them up. I am afraid that is all the pain clinic is going to offer me besides getting me off opiates.
I can't imagine allowing anyone to put a needle in my back.

• I had MRSA in my lung, had to have half my lung removed and is the reason for most of my pain now (nerve damage and a bunch of other stuff) for injections and things, my pain management Dr doesn't prescribe any antibiotics, but I just had a Spinal cord stimulator, the trial and the permanent one for the pain, and he gave me IV antibiotics before the trail, a week after and made me see infectious disease before the permanent one and they gave me some stuff to use a week before the surgery. I still received IV antibiotics before being taken into the OR, and than 2 weeks after the surgery. My infection was 4 years ago, and it was MRSA and a whole mix of other things, I was on a vent for days, blood transfusions, two ICUs, a mess they were impressed I am here, so I know how scary it is and the concern before procedures. My pain management doc is very cautious and any other doc I see makes me take meds before and after any procedures that they feel necessary. They say the blocks since they are injections didn't need them. I would definitely talk to your docs if you are concerned. Good luck!
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I had osteomylitis of the spine and was told by infectious disease Dr never ever again any injections in the spine