Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

On The Meds and Adding the PT

PlumbTuckeredOutPlumbTuckeredOut Philadelphia, PAPosts: 325
When I started going to this pain clinic it was what everyone here complains about- they wanted to do the epidurals and minimal narcotics. Now I am on MS-Contin, Percocet for break through pain, and Lyica for the nerve pain. It took the docs and the therapists at this clinic a few months to get me to trust them that I would not get addicted.

The goal they got me interested about was, high levels on pain meds which I was in rehab for the pain. I could set my physical goals with my docs and the physical therapists, I'd learn what I needed to do, strengthen my core and learn how my own body could compensate for those parts which were broken or dysfunctional.

My friends and I decided that a 5K was not too much and I have 2 years to reach the goal. My friends will be doing the actual training runs with me- they all do long distance running and I want to do it too! And my friends know I am medication dependent- they knew me before the Pain Clinic and know why I am medication dependent too.

I'm actually afraid of hearing the docs and therapists say, "No, you can't do a 5K." Oh I know it won't be pretty! Since my initial injury was when I was 8 years old and I'm now 48 I've had a lot of limitations. But tonight, the night before returning to PT after a 4 month break, I feel like I need someone else to turn off my computer and pull down my bed sheets.

Before the Pain Clinic came around I thought I was counting down my days. My back, neck, hips, knees....... argh! I have hardware in a knee and 2 back surgeries. Now I'm thinking about a future of climbing cliffs and running trails. My biggest fear now is hearing that I've set my goals too high. I cannot hear, "You can't do that" because it would kill that tiny spark that's just starting inside.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by...... (Robert Frost)
I still don't know if I should have taken the one that said, "Caution! Dead End" (Me)