Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain in leg after L3/L4 microdiscectomy

I am new to this forum. After reading quite a bit of different scenarios, I couldn't find anything similar to mine.
I had lumbar L3/L4 microdiscectomy six weeks ago. My recovery is going reasonably well except nights and mornings. After relatively painless days, staying in bed causes sharp pain mostly in the front part of my right leg (up to knee) and right thigh every time I'm trying to shift my body one way or the other. Sleeping on one side is not such a problem as sleeping on the other one. After waking up I can barely walk. I need to walk on treadmill, slowly increasing speed, for 15-20 min in order to reduce the pain. Getting in and out of the car requires specific "technique" as well.
If somebody had a similar experience, I'd appreciate the comment.