Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi everyone, so happy to find you!

OverItAllOOverItAll Posts: 89
edited 03/21/2015 - 10:18 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone- I also happy to find you here! I am hoping to finally get this back stuff treated and done once and for all as I am a busy mom, business owner and wife who desperately wants to get back to all of that and take care of them instead of the reverse.

I am looking at a possible fourth surgery(micro discectomies, repairs-emergency surgery for burst dic, decompression and fusion in previous surgeries) with a second fusion and totally freaking out in my head while trying to be a normal busy mom, among other things. After almost 10 years of dealing with chronic and acute pain, neuropathic and muscular, stemming all from my S1-L5 and L4-5 levels with countless rounds of PT, medication, spinal shots, doctors, chiropractors, etc. it was nice to find somewhere that others have been there done that.

I have posted on the spinal surgery threads too, the thread is " in review", so I am not sure if it is posted yet.

I am battling with the how I feel about all of this. I was receiving epidural shots for a pain management from a physiatrist, who essentially passed me back to the neurosurgeon after putting me back on gabapentin, flexeril and oxycodone. I am meeting with a new neurosurgeon next week(we've moved since my last surgery, this is a highly recommended neuro by the previous surgeon, who is a consulting physician over the phone in all of this until I have a new neurosurgeon).

I feel defeated, afraid, angry, scared bu trying to be hopeful. Nothing is more frustrating and frightening than a doctor afraid to treat without me seeing another doctor. I get why, I have been here before, only this time I knew I needed X-rays- both kinesthetic and traditional, mri, PT and medication. I know what the answers were in the past to none of these working and I also have learned that my pain tolerance is fairly high, so this is real and not in my head. Last time I had these symptoms, which were not as bad as they are now, a dime sized bone chip was found compressing my nerve and causing a spinal fluid leak when removed- that same surgery I had a fusion at s1-L5 and decompression atl4-5( so wished they had just done the double fusion).

I want my life back, as currently I basically survive until I can lay down flat and get the symptoms to subside, or medicate, or both. I am trapped in an energetic mind and a body in pain. The past three years have been me in pain, or recovering from pain, or in surgery, or recovering from surgery. My life feels like I am watching everyone else zip by and I am so over it all.

I try to remind myself that this is temporary, but after three surgeries in two years time, it feels endless. I am so thankful I found these forums, but wish I didn't need them.

Thanks for listening!

Link to duplicate post......