Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tired, tired, tired...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Chronic Pain
3.5 years of this and I am just exhausted. I am losing the battle with pain today, somedays I win but today feels like a losing one. I have a great PM doc but it's been next to impossible to get my pain under control, we've tried so many meds. Just one of those days...I'll be fine!

• All I want to do is sleep. I am just plain tired!
  • I slept most of this weekend, I'm a fighter, but there's so much going on I am just exhausted...And my needs take backseat to my mother's, always will!
  • I am sorry your having a bad pain day,i get those too now and then,i hope you feel better soon....
  • And I'm sorry your having such a battle, it really gets old doesn't it!

image hope you can fight thru it hun
  • :) fancypants, today is not a good one, tomorrow might be better. i am tired as well and have had pain for over 20 years. feeling low today! so put a smile on that pretty face and know tomorrow could be the best of days yet. Jenny :)
  • I totally know what you're going through. This entire past weekend basically involved sleeping and that's pretty much it. Yesterday was the start of a new week though, so I'm trying to have a more positive outlook since I just switched meds. I hope you feel better! :)
  • Thanks everyone...I had tried a new med, just spent a ton on it, and the darned thing isn't working and we keep having this horrid weather. My wrist actually hurts, and I never notice it (I have ostearthritis in my right wrist, it was broken and never caught), as my neck takes precedence and has since the wreck...Am trying though, I'll get there, I hope. With everything that has been going on, I'm worn thin!
  • Have a money back guarantee! :P
  • I know how frustrated you must be. There is an end in sight, right? Do you have your surgery scheduled yet?
  • No surgery date yet, I am having to go through the Louisiana State University Medical System to get it done...My lawyer has handed my medical records over to them and I'm just waiting and hoping we can find something to hold me through until that happens...I pray I don't have to do another discogram, that's quite a bit of pain that I'd like to avoid! But thanks!
  • I know all about taking care of parents. What's going on with your mom? Sometimes you need to be able to walk away from it and cope with your own stuff for a day or two and trust me, your mom will understand. It easy to overdo things when you have to care for another's needs and throw yourself into another cycle of pain....been there, done that more than once! Living in our broken bodies is harder than people imagine when we have real life demands.

Who's handling your pain management now? I'm sorry that you're still having such high pain levels and hope that they can do something to bring you down to a more comfortable level. Try to take it easy and not do more than your body can handle. I'm not strong enough yet to come and kick your butt!

Take care,
  • There's an awful lot of drama happening right now, I cried all day yesterday, so much that my eyes are so puffy it's slightly ridiculous...If it's not my mom, it's my sister and my friend Kim is ready to kill my family, lol, as was my ex...

My doc is good, they called me back yesterday to see what the pain was like and will call me back today...Probably trying to figure out what they'll do with me as the drug they called in for breakthrough or whatever pain isn't working...I also inquired about some neck brace he ordered for me to sleep in, supposed to be like traction or something...

I need another injection, but as I'm stuck in limbo from the trial, I can't get it...The injections don't take the pain away but it manages it so that I can stand it. Right now, I'm freaking out because I hurt and I feel helpless to battle it. My ER med obviously isn't working and the pain keeps coming, and I'm terrified of the pain...The first 3 months of this year were horrific, I was dead white everyday and it was all I could do to pull myself out of bed. I missed 17 days of work those 3 months and I couldn't get the pain to stop. And I'm terrified of winding up there again, where the chiropractor is calling your PM Doctor weekly to tell him that he needs to inject you and see you ASAP...I couldn't raise my arms, I couldn't pick up a gallon of milk or tear off a piece of paper without it hurting!

I'll be fine, just tired...Hopefully they call with some solution for me today, I hate being at the mercy of my pain with nothing to make it stop..Unless I have some one knock me over the head with a 2x4! :O
  • Fancy,
    Hope you are feeling better. Take it easy. Maybe the trial was more stessful then you thought. Stress is a killer for me too. Sounds like your doctors are plugged into you so that is a great thing, not everyone has that. Keep up with the heat and ice. Also don't forget to try and eat, and if you can get out and walk a little. Hope you turn a corner quick. Keep us posted.
This discussion has been closed.