Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Going to a new PM doctor

Nwalker9NNwalker9 Posts: 4
edited 03/22/2015 - 9:10 PM in Pain Management
So for the past 2-3 years I've been going to xxxx to manage my chronic low back pain. Just recently the doctor there and I came to a mutual agreement that I should move on to a longer term pain management doctor, as he could not prescribe me stronger medicine to deal with my increasing needs or had ideas of what left to do. On Tuesday now, I am going to see a new PM guy. I'm both excited and terrified. Excited because I am hoping he can help me more than the last doctor could both in medicine and other solutions. Terrified because I'm worried that he's not going to prescribe me the dose of pain medicine I was taking before (which isn't much, 4x 7.5 mg Percocet daily) or worse, not prescribe me anything at all. At this point in my life I am very reliant on the medication. I take it to work, out to the store for errands, and around the house for chores. I am in moderate-severe pain without it all the time. Even laying in bed writing this message is painful anymore. So I guess my question is, are doctors hesitant or against writing pain prescriptions to new patients? I'm already running out of medication as is because the dose before is just not enough to cover 24/7 pain.