Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Doctor Search's

I was doing a Doctor search last night and got thinking how hard
it was at least here in Utah to find one that I felt fit my needs.
One of the tools is Patients doing reviews, there seems to be a lack
in that area, have you noticed that? I do reviews every time and
I try to go state the positive and negative. They stated a big
thing to look for is would you have a friend or relative go to them.
I mean you base your decision on a lot of other factors like board
certified, expertise, Hospital affiliation, do they carry your insurance
etc. One big factor too they caution in is not to judge on reviews if
there are only a few and you can get a gut feel from the reviews
pretty much.
Just thinking don't know if you do reviews but maybe we should to
help others out in their search's.

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 554
    I have also noticed that very few patients do reviews? But, I also want to add that when I research a doctor, most of the reviews didn't give the option to write anything? I mean, yes, I feel it's important to know how easy it is to get an appointment & how friendly the staff is, but I'd also like to hear patients give their own reviews in their own words.
  • Hi Cathy
    You are right that is true about some of them, in fact
    that was dumb of me I think you even have to open an
    account boy this pain and whatever is making me brain
    dead. I did run into that and joined the web-site, not everyone
    wants to do that of course so I guess do them when we can.
    Do you mean do their own reviews on there or where cause
    some of the web-sites only put a number and don't list the
    details of the person's comments right.
    I guess I opened my big mouth without really thinking about it sorry.
    Hope your day is going well for you.
    edited 03/24/2015 - 1:49 PM
    I didn't mean to insinuate you are dumb! I just meant that some doctors I reviewed, only showed a graph type thing to show how satisfied patients were with that doctor. I think I would like to actually read what patients would write about the doctor. I know my first surgeon's web site lets you actually write out a review.
    No worries. I have many brain fog days!
  • Cathy
    Oh no I did not even take it that way, I swear I read
    some of my posts later and I wonder who wrote them with
    all going on don't you feel that way sometimes?
    I agree and I am so glad you pointed that out, I had forgot about that
    part frustrating me too. I wonder why they don't include the detail?
    What drives me nuts is if you do sign up you end up getting tons of
    information in your e-mail.
    Thanks Sherri
    edited 03/25/2015 - 3:27 AM
    You can opt out of emails? Or just have them sent to your trash folder? I am always in a brain fog! It's these meds I'm taking. Plus, a side effect of the neurotin is memory loss. It's so frustrating to try to talk to someone & you can't think of the word you want to say! At least on these posts, I can take my time typing & if I can't remember a word, I just stop & walk away for a minute & usually when I come back, I'll remember what it was? My husband thinks it's funny. I think otherwise! We had to get a new furnace installed last week. When they were done, the guy showed me how everything worked. When my husband came home, I couldn't remember half of what I was told. It's a good thing my husband is very mechanically inclined.
  • Thanks I did not know that about the e-mails, I used to be computer smart
    hum maybe a not so much. Electronics are not my specialty, I have a son
    who is but I hate to bug him so much.
    That is exactly what goes on with me and my family makes jokes. Try to take
    it but after awhile especially if I have had a bad day it can hurt. I noticed
    it after an injection, the Doctor got mad but I know it happened. I was making
    this recipe that I had done for years and could not remember what the heck
    I put in it. I have the hardest time too remembering things on here that drives me
    crazy and I am sure others think I am nuts. Good think is it is improving slowly yeah
    but today another injection so who knows. I am on here trying to keep my mind off of it and the pain yeah
    for this web-site.
    Best wishes thanks for getting back to me.