Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Uncertainty of condition

ngray121nngray121 Posts: 1
About 10 months ago, I was lifting a heavy object and injured what I believe to be the L5 area of my back. Sharp pain proceeded within the region for several weeks, but generally subsided after that. What did not disappear was the sciatica that would spread to my upper left buttock when seated or lifting objects ever since.

Fast forward to 9 months later, I have dealt with the burning sensation in my buttock the entire duration since the injury with products like biofreeze and ibuprofen when flare ups occurred. A few weeks ago, I was shrink wrapping the bottom of a pallet and re-injured my back. What has resulted is severe tightness in my lower back, discomfort, as well as more sciatica than what I am used to.

I have scoured numerous websites to target my condition more specifically, but due to the massive amount of information online I am not sure where to start. I had to leave the job I was at, and am now unemployed, but job seeking. The issue is that it hurts to sit down, and I also cannot do anything too physical for risk of another injury. I feel very lucky to not have the severe pain down the entire leg, numbness, muscle weakness or other conditions that persist after this kind of injury. Unfortunately, I do not have health insurance to begin typical treatment such as seeing a doctor, getting an x-ray, physical therapy, chiropractic care, accupuncture or pain management clinics.

I joined this forum hoping for some suggestions from more experienced members of what the best possible course of action may be for someone in my situation, or any determinations of what the issue may be. Also, can anyone recommend at home treatment like traction therapy, inversion tables, massage chairs, heat therapy, etc? Thank you very much for taking the time to read this post as well as provide any assistance. Your support means the world.
Nathaniel Gray