Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post op spinal fusion

Hi in 1980 I had lumber laminectomy,never fully recovered always had sciatica,on a lot of pain killers back and forth to the pain clinic,I've had every jab epidurals fentanyl patches oramorph amtrypline Gabapentin
8 wks ago I had a spinal fusion,surgeon said I'd be perfect after op,NOT I am so numb in right leg both my feet feel like they are being squeezed they are so numb,before op I had nothing wrong with my left leg at all,now I can't walk I have electric shock pain behind my right knee also I have stinging pain on the inside of my right elbow,and pins and needles in my left arm my left leg on the inside of my knee gives way my leg goes from under me and I fall,this has happened so many times,I walk lop sided I can't straighten up have to use my walker to walk when I fall I can't get up it takes 2 people to get me up my legs are paralysed and I can't move,after a while that part goes away.
The day I had surgery I felt not to bad the next day I had to have xray and cat scan which was agony being moved the surgeon said he wanted to check on a screw, the next day I had a MRI which showed I had a blood clot so went back to theatre his words were he was going to flush the clot and debri out,which he did I should of been in for 4 days it turned out to be 3 wks 4 days.
I'm hoping someone can relate to my problem,all I want is to be able to walk again like a human being not like a wobbly duck