Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

left eye pain

I am experiencing some really bad left eye pain for days now. I had surgery on my c7t1 but also have c3 c4 spur that is encrouching on the spinal sac and a c6c7 disk bulging into the sac as well. Could this be from my spin becauce I never had these systems before and it is really concerning me. At its worst it feels like my eye is going to burst. Has anyone had this as well?

• I had a (what I believe to be) cervicogenic headache last week. The biggest symptom was feeling like someone was driving an ice pick through my eye. I would also have some radiating pain above the ear on that side, and pain at the base of the skull on that side as well. If you put cervicogenic headache in the google image search, it shows pics of exactly that. The "headache" was barely responsive to 1000 mg Tylenol and narcotics, and it took a couple of days to go away.
    My first thought reading your post was that it was this, since my symptoms would vary. Sometimes it would only be the eye, sometimes it was partially the rest, sometimes all.
    Hope this helps you figure out your cause!

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• Jay-ZJJay-Z Posts: 34
    edited 03/26/2015 - 4:22 AM
    Yes this sounds very much what is happening to me thanks. I am going to go into th walk in today and I see my surgeon on monday hopefully I can get something for the pain becauce in the morning I am fine but as the day goes on it starts to happen. It starts with the headaches and than the pain in the left eye around dinner time and until I go to bed.
  • I get those headaches also. I know its not fun. Be upfront with your doctor and make sure you discuss this issue. I was referred to a neurologist for the headaches and she put me on nortryptaline for the headaches. I am on a fairly high dose at 40 mg but I still have daily headaches. I am also on another rescue med that helps when I have one of those cervicogenic. Mine are caused by the degradation of my cervical nerves. I don't know if you have trouble with external pressure of your head causing these headaches but I can not wear anything on my head without causing one. Sucks because I have to wear a hairnet and bump cap all day at work.
    Tracie C
  • Well I went to the walk in this morning feeling just fine . Got sent to the eye dr and They did a bunch of tests on my eye and it is ok so the eye dr figured it was to do with my neck so I went back to the walk in dr and he let me go with a bunch of meds and said its just a migraine. I don't have migraines in my family and I have never had a migraine in my life so I personally think it has to do with my neck as well. As I was going to get my meds my eye got real bad again so I just took them and it's slowly getting bearable. What a pain hopefully I get some answers from my spinal surgeon on monday. Thanks for the help people.
  • So I went in to the doctor that did my failed surgery on monday and told him about these headaches and about the pain around the eye and he just blew me off. He said to me that nothing in and around the head has anything to do with then spine. I said to him that I have never had migraines in my life and it's not in my family and that the pain sometimes is just in the eye. He just didn't answer me and just went on with other thing's.

I guess this is what I expected from him, becauce after going back to him about my symptoms with the 1st surgery he also blew me off untill I started coming back and insisting that something was wrong. So now after more then 5 years I finally found out that the bone graft never fused at all and I have a broken screw.

This is making me so frustrated that I am now trying to contact a neurologist to see if I can get some honest answers before this dr does another surgery on me.