Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SI D Injection. How long does yours provide relief?

Tink1982TTink1982 Posts: 9
edited 03/29/2015 - 3:03 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems

I was diagnosed with SID 15 years ago. Because I am diabetic I have to limit my SI joint injections to when I have major flare ups .

I have found that mine varies from injection to injection. I normally will have only 1-2 a year but have had only 1 per year in the past three years. My last one which was done in January did not seem to provide as much relief as I have received in the past.

How long does yours seem to last? Do they always provide the same amount of telief?

Have a magical day!

• Lisa JoyLLisa Joy KentuckyPosts: 21
    edited 04/15/2015 - 5:39 PM
    I've had injections done twice and both times they lasted no more than two days. It sounds as if you have been fortunate for yours to last so long. The injections were my last resort before we finally landed on surgery and both times I had leakage down into my legs, which is indicative of joints that are too far apart and deteriorating. Unfortunately for me my insurance won't approve surgery so I'm stuck in bed until they do.
    Lisa Joy

Minor scoliosis, fusion of S1-L5-L4, discs replaced at L4/L5 and L5/S1 2007, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, left and right SI Joint dysfunction with fractures along illiac crest, and vacuum phenomenon.