Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic pain from spinal surgery

puddinppuddin Posts: 1
edited 03/31/2015 - 8:46 PM in Chronic Pain
Hi all, brand new on here & never done anything like this before! But like most of you I am at the end of my painful tether!
I am a 47 yr old woman, had my first surgery June 06 as a bit if an emergency as mri showed L5-s1 disc sitting on my spinal chord, it went well, the two yrs later after neck / arm pain, mri showed damaged disc & herniated disc in C5/6- C6/7 so had ACDF to fuse one & replace other.
Two yrs pain free, then 2010,started to get lumbar pain & cervical pain, paid private to see surgeon as couldn't wait 16 weeks for appt ,more scans showed apparently nothing so PT, pain management, different opinions still showed nothing apparently, 3 yrs on one consultant said taking the rods and screws out of lumbar would help as fusion successful, went ahead but pain got worse, surgery proved virtually
impossible to remove metalwork, a third
surgeon later & two more yrs & 4 more scans ' 24 different types of meds tried with has left me taking 30mls oramorph 3 times a day plus codydramol plus diazepam & now gabapentin only 2nd day for that!
Saw new surgeon Fri 27th March 15 for results of scan to neck & sacrum, turns out I have chronic deep infection in lumbar plus an amount of deep nerve damage but new symptoms mean another scan soonish! Neck scan has revelled substantial nerve damage plus nerve damage in my lumber nerves so will see whats going on, I also to give up my beloved job due to amount of pain! I'm I equally don't know what to do for the best anymore its so nice though to be able to talk to people who have been through similar nightmares! Anyway sorry for waffling on but can't help it, hi to you all its nice to meet you all, many thanks.